chapter 23

"Surprise," Lauren rasped.

Before she could include another word to the audience watching, Lauren felt Camila's familiar hands wrap around her waist and pull her back in for another kiss.

Lauren smiled as her lips connected with the brown haired girl. Camila kissed her softly, lingering on her bottom lip. The green eyed girl found herself sighing happily into the kiss, knowing that they now had the liberty to kiss anywhere they wanted.

As they pulled away, Lauren kept her arm secured around Camila's waist, not letting even an inch come between them. She cleared her throat and leaned into the microphone.

"I suppose, we owe you all an explanation," Lauren voice husked around the room. The glare of the lights burned down on them. "But, I think what you just witnessed makes it quite clear what we have to say. Would you like the honors, Camila?"

Camila rested her head on Lauren's shoulder and stared at her lips affectionately, "We're together."

"That's right," Lauren replied, looking into the lovely brown eyes. "We're tired of having to keep our relationship in secret, because you know what? Something this beautiful shouldn't be hidden from the world."

Not mustering another word, she grabbed a hold of Camila's hand and they ran to reach the nearest exit, adding a dramatic exit to their coming out.

They both laughed freely, ignoring the whole word because they only had eyes for each other. As they ran, they could hear the loud applause, even cheering ring behind them.

Lauren turned back, just once to look at her bandmates which thanks to them, this had been possible. They all smiled proudly at her, and looking down at the hand which she held, something became quite clear.

Lauren knew everything would somehow be okay.

-

As they laid down on the soft bed of the hotel that Camila had booked, they could still feel the excitement they had experienced of kissing in front of thousands of people. Camila wouldn't change it for the world, and Lauren's smile proved she wouldn't either.

They had left without saying a word to anyone at all. Not to the reporters, not to Lauren's driver that had been waiting for their exit, and not even to the paparazzi that was waiting for them outside the hotel that bombarded them with questions about their relationship.

They had just ran straight into the hotel and to their room. Camila felt like she was floating on the clouds and Lauren felt like they were their own version of Bonnie and Clyde in a healthy loving manner.

They both undressed into their comfortable long shirts and underwear and crashed into the bed in a tight embrace, feeling the freedom of their love overpower them.

Camila leaned back and rested her head against the soft velvet pillow. Putting her arm on her chin, she stared at Lauren's pale lovely face, memorizing every part of her skin.

Allowing her, Lauren moved in closer and placed her hand on Camila's thigh, rubbing the area with her thumb. The adrenaline had begun to disappear as they held each other in silence and stared at each other affectionately.

"Your eyes," Camila whispered in the smallest voice.

"What about them?" Lauren replied, staring deep into the sweet brown ones.