Happily Ever After

~3 Years Later~

"Ian, come on, we're gonna go see your new cousin!" Elena told her oldest son as he put his shoes on.

Charlotte came practically skipping down the stairs, "Mama, are we gonna go see baby?"

"Yes, are you excited?" Elena asked the small brunette who couldn't stop bouncing around.

"I so excited! I can't even contain it."

"That's good, I'm excited too, honey." Elena smiled at her daughter, "Can you put your shoes on so we're ready when daddy and your brother come down?"

Charlotte smiled, eagerly before running off to grab her shoes. Damon soon came down the stairs with their youngest son, Brody Jeremiah, who shared his sister's eagerness as he leaped from his father's arms and went to grab his shoes.

Elena watched as her husband helped get the kids ready to go before she headed into the living room where their youngest baby was currently watching the butterfly mobile over her head. Jennifer Rachel had been a surprise and very unplanned for the couple, they'd planned to stop after the twins, but they couldn't be happier to have another daughter they could name after Elena's twin sister.

Elena picked up the baby, helping Damon to corral all of the kids to the car to go see Bonnie and Jeremy's new little baby at the hospital a few miles away.

As they arrived at the hospital, they ran into Caroline and Jesse, who had Clara and their two year old daughter Ava with them. Caroline seemed to be the most excited out of everyone, including the kids, not that it was surprising to anyone who knew the bubbly blonde.

The hospital room was crowded with all of the kids, including Jeremy and Bonnie's two older kids Lilly and James, but Bonnie and Jeremy despite being tired, couldn't look any happier to have their family here.

Bonnie was holding the newest Gilbert baby, Jaden. Matt had called a few hours prior to let them know that him, Rebekah and their daughter Savannah would be there as soon as possible and that they were finally planning on moving back to Mystic Falls to be closer to there adopted family.

Everything was going better than planned for all of them and none of them could've been happier after the struggles they'd been through over the last several years.