Chapter 18

{Reader's POV}

"I'm going to miss you Sweetheart!", my mom smiled, "I can't believe we have to leave all ready!", she said woefully. I nodded my head and hugged both my parents. "Yeah, time sure flies, doesn't it!", I replied as my dad began to gather all the luggage.

My mom took one last look at me and raised her finger, "Remember what we agreed on before we leave! If you feel safer with us in Boston, then by all means come home. I don't like the fact that they still haven't caught him...", she said with a downcast expression on her face. I nodded my head and raised my arms in my defense.

"Yes mom I know, I'll make sure to give you a call before I do." And with that my mom smiled and ushered my dad to follow behind.

We were at the airport and the plane my parents had to hop on was getting ready to board. After Jack returned us to the human world from his carnival, my parents reminded me of their departure. I was still taken aback with the events from the House of Mirrors, but seeing as how the situation changed I had to hurry up and get ready to drive them.

A lady was already announcing on the intercom that my parents' plane was getting ready to load it's passengers, and so our farewells were short.

My mom shuffled behind my dad and clumsily waved goodbye. I smiled and waved back as my parents strolled down the alley into their plane. I let out a sigh as their figures gradually faded from my view and disappeared.

"Huh, I think I'm actually going to miss them." A voice mumbled from above me and I looked up to find Jack staring at the direction my parents went.

"Really?", I mused.

Jack tilted his head and grinned at me from below, "No", he snorted.

I shook my head and sighed as I walked away from the main Boarding Gate and stared off into the scenery. What looked like hundreds of people scurried around the airport with their luggage and trudged through the security checks impatiently. It was loud and bustling in here and it only made my boredom intensify.

"Your parents said something about you coming back home? You weren't raised here?", Jack asked from over my head and I peered up at him to see his equally bored expression. "No, I was raised in Boston, Massachusetts. I just left the state for college and to find a job", I replied.

Jack nodded his head but smiled mischievously, "Uh-huh, you left because you couldn't stand being near your parents, right?", he pried. I chuckled and and shrugged my shoulders, "It's partially true, but I also came to become more independent."

Jack bellowed in laughter, "And look how well that turned out!", he mused. I grumbled under my breath and walked off without him. His howls of laughter prodded irritation in me as I searched for the doors leading outside.

However, as I tried to spot the exit, my interest was caught by something else. In a faint voice, I could hear a reporter discussing the news about a missing persons case. With my curiosity lingering by, I dawdled in the lounge where the televisions were airing the news.

I clumsily approached the couches and pinned my attention at the screens overhead.

"Yes, Kyle, apparently the police have found the man connected with the missing persons case. Only a few days ago the notice was posted by his fellow comrades", the woman discussed the details with a blonde man.

"But, Cameron, it's not all sunshine and rainbows from here, according to forensics, the man had been brutally murdered", the man contradicted and shifted positions in his seat, "and it wasn't like any other murder, the victim had most of his limbs chewed off and the rest of his body torn to shreds."