-ˏˋ ten ˎˊ-

dan missed his piano the most.

out of all the things that jarvis had clearly gotten rid of the moment dan had left, his piano was the thing that most broke his heart.

it was gone. it was just gone. dan almost couldn't believe it.

dan sighed, staring at phil's white ceiling.

he wanted to, but he couldn't deny that he had partly wanted to go back to see. see if jarvis was waiting for him. and of course he had known he wasn't on a business trip; he had been visiting the past few days to water his flowers out front. he had sort of wanted to get caught.

it was stupid, but dan had still kept hope in his heart that jarvis would take him back in. after all, jarvis was just about all dan had had as a parent for years.

but he had already cleared out dan's room. and the piano.

dan ran his hands over his face, tugging at his hair. he couldn't sleep, no matter how hard he tried.

he rolled over, his eyes landing on phil's door. it was closed.

dan wondered what his art was actually like. he had never seen it, he didn't want to go into phil's room without asking, that would be rude. but curiosity gnawed at him. it wasn't like phil had to know...

dan licked his lips, rolling over again to face the back of the couch.

it was no big deal. he would just take a peek the next day, while phil was out.

with that thought and just a tiny bit of guilt residing in his stomach, dan fell asleep.

the second the door closed behind the raven haired man, dan was on his feet.

he was very tempted to take off the metal boots, but he decided not to take that risk. later, he would go to the park or something. let himself relax. for now, he had a mission.

as dan approached phil's door, luna bounded out, rubbing up against dan's leg.

"hey, princess," dan whispered, crouching down to give her a generous pat on the head. she purred her approval.

dan scooped her up, holding her against his chest. she mewed loudly, licking his chin. he giggled.

"i need you," he muttered, scratching behind her black ear. "for moral support."

the door was already slightly cracked open, so dan only had to push a bit for it to swing open wide.

and then he was in.

phil's room was exactly what dan had expected, but better. soft green walls, shelves stuffed with books and tiny plants, terrariums in every corner. dan smiled to himself. it was incredibly messy.

but there was also art.

on every wall, propped up on every surface, a different painting or sketch.