-ˏˋ forty one ˎˊ-

☾ ☽

"where are you taking us?" eliza asked the thousandth time. phil rolled his eyes. he was surprisingly calm for the situation, only because he assumed that wherever they were going, that was where dan was.

or at least they could find more clues.

his mind was already reeling as to what they knew so far. why would his stepdad have papers like that?

the man in the front seat growled, looking back.

"shut your girlfriend up, will you?" he said, nodding at phil. phil's eyes widened.

"she is not my girlfriend," he said a bit too loudly. eliza scoffed.

"i wouldn't date you either, asshole."

phil glared at her, crossing his arms. the man huffed, obviously fed up.

"you two are babies. shut the fuck up."

it wasn't too long before they were turning down a bumpy dirt road, leading them into the woods. phil squirmed, getting increasingly nervous.

they stopped at a large building. from the outside it looked quite castley and broken down, but as the man led them inside, it became clear that that was not the case. on the inside it was modern, and much larger than it looked, filled with bustling people in suits and white coats, and technology.

phil could hear eliza messing with her handcuffs.

"stop it," he hissed, leaning over to talk to her quietly. "we don't want to get in trouble. we have to find dan, remember?"

she nodded, but she still looked distressed. "i don't like this place."

"me neither."

phil looked around, taking it all in. he wondered where in the world dan could be in all this mess. it felt almost hopeless.

they were nearly dragged to a small room, with hardly anything in it but a table and a mirror, illuminated by bright white light.

"two sided mirror," eliza whispered, and phil nodded. someone else was watching them.

the man who had apprehended them left, but they didn't have to wait long. soon the door was opening again, revealing a tall man in a suit. phil cursed, having to hold himself back from tackling him.

the man jeered at them, clasping his hands behind his back. "eliza," he greeted her, nodding his head as if it was a casual meeting on the street between friends. eliza looked incredibly uncomfortable. the man turned to phil.

"phil." his voice went a bit colder. phil glared at him.

"jarvis," he muttered back, his jaw tense. "where's dan?"

jarvis laughed, shaking his head. "i'm afraid i can't tell you that." he smirked. "maybe eliza could. she's quite good at selling him out."

phil's stomach hurt and he turned the glare on her, just to remind her that he was still pissed. she shuffled in her seat, eyes on the ground.