Bonus Chapter: Hawk & Felicia

A hailstorm of fury was being released from Felicia Donahue. If she wasn't mistaken, and she hardly ever was, another reporter was following her. It had been the second one this week and it was only Monday.

She pulled out her cell phone from her purse and faced it towards the man trying to hide behind one of the lobby's columns at Callatech Industries.

"Sir, could you please smile for me?" Felicia asked, her voice as somber as her expression.

The man gave a small curse before stepping out from behind the white stone column, "Hello, Ms. Donahue."

"What's your name and where are you from?"

He pointed to her phone,"Are you recording me?"

"Weren't you recording me?"

The man's eyes rose in surprise, "Well yeah, but I'm a reporter. It's my job. You're Hawk Harrington's latest girlfriend and that's news to the general public."

Anger roared inside her like water in a tea kettle that had reached its boiling point. She shouted, "Who said I was dating him? Who said that? Tell me so I can sue whoever it was!"

Silence filled the lobby as everyone stared at the normally reserved secretary of Alex Carter.

The reporter cleared his throat, "Hawk Harrington was the one that--"

"Forget it," Felicia hissed. "Just know that if you come here again, I'll have you thrown off the property and your camera will be confiscated. Am I understood?"

"You can't--"

Felicia's eyes narrowed in a look that promised death, silencing him from arguing. He gave a jerky nod before scrambling out the exit. Felicia straightened her back and turned her dark eyes to the other workers, "Get back to work."

As if a spell had been broken, they all went back to work, noise filling the air.

Felicia tasted something bitter in her mouth as she made her way to the elevators. It was the same taste that she'd had since meeting Hawk Harrington.

Anger.

~~~

A cold shiver ran down the spine of Hawk Harrington.

"Are you okay?" Gina, his manager, asked. She was helping him pack a bag before they left Venezuela. He had been shooting a movie there and it had finally wrapped.

"I'm fine. I just got a weird feeling. Like someone was wishing for my death."

Gina laughed, "As if. Everyone loves you, Hawk."

"That's true," he laughed off the uncomfortable feeling that had suddenly came on him and looked around the room.

Was Samantha really following him? Had Felicia been right about him just being paranoid?

"Don't forget to send some flowers to Felicia," Hawk said as he zipped up the duffel bag he had stuffed with workout gear.

Gina frowned, "Hawk, you know the public doesn't like--"

"I know, but I didn't ask for your opinion on this. Just send her the flowers."

Gina shook her head but agreed to do so. As Hawk watched her leave, he wondered if Gina was right. Surely, nothing bad could happen to Felicia. Some of his fans were a little wild, but they wouldn't hurt her, would they?

He pulled out his phone and sent her a text.

"It's my birthday tomorrow. Did you get me something special?"

He quickly got a response from the feisty secretary.

"Yes, it's called a restraining order."

Hawk laughed. He would definitely see Felicia. She was the only woman that was any fun. As he left his hotel suite, another shiver ran down his spine. He looked back and wondered again if Samantha's spirit had been following him.

He swallowed his apprehension and straightened his shoulders. Samantha was the past. If he was lucky, Felicia would be his future.

°•°○°•°