Elisa Lam & The Water Tank

The story of Elisa Lam is fairly popular but in case you know little or nothing about it, here's a little backstory.

Elisa Lam was a 21 year old, Canadian student at the University of British Columbia in Vancouver. Now Elisa was staying at the Cecil Hotel in Los Angeles, that was known for a few other strange events that I'll get into later on.

The first strange thing that happened was when Elisa was seen acting very bizarre from a security camera in the elevator of the hotel. I'll leave a link to the video below so you can see for yourself. Elisa is exiting and re-entering the elevator, talking and making gestures in the hallway, and hiding in the corner of the elevator. The elevator seems to be having some difficulties as well. Check it out

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3TjVBpyTeZM

This was the last thing Lam was seen in. A week after this footage was found, her body was discovered inside of a water tank on the hotel's rooftop. Her body was stripped naked, and her clothes were floating in the water with her.

In my opinion, the most unsettling aspect of this whole story is the fact that during that week while she was missing, the hotel's water was black. EWW! The guests at the hotel were drinking, swimming, and bathing in, well, Elisa all week. Now that sent a chill up your spine. Questions arose after people began to realize, this whole situation was very similar to the horror film, Dark Water. Now feel free to watch that movie, but I'm good!

Cecil Hotel-
The Cecil Hotel is located in Los Angeles, California and is known for it's rather dark history. This hotel was not only where the body of Elisa Lam was found, but also homes of infamous serial killers, Richard Ramirez and Jack Unterweger.

 This hotel was not only where the body of Elisa Lam was found, but also homes of infamous serial killers, Richard Ramirez and Jack Unterweger

So let me know what you think. Was it a murder? An accident? Even a suicide? Tell me what you think it is in the comments and stick around for the next chapter!