[18] The Second Day

*Second Person POV*

        You yawned, waking up from sleep. You stretched your limbs to get rid of the stiffness in them in before you opened your eyes. You had fallen asleep leaning on a rock a few feet away from the lake to your right.

        Huh? Must have fallen asleep while gazing at the stars last night.

        You stand up from the rock and stretch your back some more to get rid of kinks. You wished you had found something more comfortable than a rock to fall asleep on.

        "Good, you're awake." Astrid's voice pierced the peaceful morning. You look over to your left to see Astrid with a hand on her hip and the other carrying a bundle of wood. You can also see the twins a little behind her, doing their own things around the fire pit they set up last night. Tuffnut is having a tug-a-war match with a terrible terror over a his bag with Ruffnut cheering him on. Their zippleback is still sleeping nearby. But you notice that a few people are missing.

        "Morning to you too. Um, where's the others?" You ask Astrid.

        "They went out to find food. I've decided we're staying here for a bit to prepare a plan before we continue." Astrid explained. "And now that you're up, you can help out." She smirked before practically dumping the bundle of wood she was holding into your arms.

        For a moment, you fumbled a bit with the pile, trying to not drop it. "You can fix up the fire pit then fish." She said as she turned around and walked away. You raise an eyebrow at her as she walks over to the burnt out fire pit and sits down in the grass in front of a burned spot.

        Nice way to start the day. You thought sarcastically. Making your way to the fire pit. You drop the wood in a pile next to the pit. Causing you to catch the attention of Stormfly. Astrid, already knowing what you're doing, picks up a stick and starts drawing lines into the burned spot. Stormfly left her side and walked over to you as you removed to useless charred wood from the pit.

        "Soo... how far are you with the plan?" You asked trying to start a conversation, while you used a stick to sweep some ash away. Stormfly had leaned down to get a better look at what you're doing, and you accidentally swept a cloud of ash into Stormfly's face. Making her sneeze, she tilted her head and looked at you as if saying 'Heeey.'. You muffled a laugh with your free hand, and you heard Astrid chuckle a bit as well.

        "Not much." Astrid answered, while you picked up a few logs and set them in place. "Just got a few vague ideas so far."

        "Have you thought about when we get there? Do I just go with them, because I don't feel entirely alright about that idea," you confessed.

        "We'll figure something out, we still have two days." Astrid reminded you, glancing at you for a moment. You put the last wood in place and look back at her.

        Yeah. And besides, the trip to Melody Island takes one and a half days. So we have plenty of time still.

        You turned to Stormfly and patted her on the nose. You were about to ask Astrid if you could borrow her to help fish, but loud quick wing beats interrupted you. You feel two thumps vibrate through the ground, and look up to see Snotlout and Fishlegs on their dragons. Looking like they've been rolling in some bushes with the branches stuck in their hair.

        "Astrid! We've, got a problem!" Fishlegs announced, sliding off of a scared looking Meatlug.

        "What is it?" Astrid quickly stood up.