Ch. 31) Don't Leave

A/N HAPPY NEW YEARS EVERYONE!! hope you guys had a good holiday! How was it?😊
And shout out to adamaelovelace this one was super helpful to me, and I appreciate it, I hope you had a great holiday season!! 😊❤️

Here's chapter 31
.

.
.

.
.

.
.

.

It was really hot outside. The sun beaming down with heating, nearly burning powerful rays, so wearing a hoodie wasn't an option for me. So I stuck to a tank top and wore my hair covered underneath a baseball cap. Paired with big black sunglasses that I didn't wear but kept tucked in my tank top, I was almost unrecognizable.

People barely knew who I was before I had died so I knew this would be enough to go out with.

"Just remember," I look to Jerias, "I'm totally risking your secret just so you can get a burger I'm pretty sure you won't even like."

"It's your secret too," he glances down at me as we walked. He said he didn't want to go back home right away so he booked a hotel for us to stay at least two days.

"Why are you even wanting a burger, aren't you a bloodsucker?"

"So long as I have my fair share of blood, I assure you I can still eat a burger Ines. Nothing changes about the taste. It just won't be enough to saturate my hunger that's all."

"Mm." I give him a side eye as we reach the bus stop right on time, "Pull out the change," I hold my hand out and he hands me the dollar and fifty cents, "And I hope you brought money for that burger too cause I sure as hell don't have money for you."

Stepping on to the bus I pay the fare for both of us and Jeries follows me down the aisle where we find two empty seats in the back.

"It's packed," Jerias whispers leaning forward to me when we sit.

Grinning at him I raise a brow, "What? Are you feeling uncomfortable? Never taken a bus before... maybe you're too much above that to."

"Now Ines," he raises a hand and throws an arm around the seat and his arm extends just enough for his fingers to brush my shoulders, "Don't rule me out to be some sort of ignorant, rich, upper class man."

"Well," I shrug, "Maybe not ignorant, but certainly rich and from the upper class. But," I slap a hand lightly on his thigh, "that's why you're here today aren't we."

"That's why you wouldn't let Evans just drive us?"

"Evans deserves a break. Let him have his break. You on the other hand will walk. And take buses. Today you will learn what it's like to be a lower middle class citizen in America."

Jerias raises a brow, "Well then proceed with educating me little girl..."

"Rule number one. Don't call Ines Patience Archer a little girl," I smile sweetly as I look up at him, "I'm 19. Just cause your over a hundred years old, doesn't make me a little girl."

"Well-"

"Ah ah ah," I raise a finger, "Rules. Remember?"