vi. Fury On A Greyhound

╔═══════════════╗

╔═══════════════╗

chapter vi.
( the lightning thief )
❝ fury on a greyhound ❞

╚═══════════════╝

      AS SOON AS I STEPPED BACK INTO MY CABIN, Lee, Will, Jenna, Kylie, Michael and Jay all were standing in the middle of the room, awaiting my news.

      "So?" Jay asked, "What did Chiron say?"

      I pretended to look sad, and every single one of my siblings sighed sadly, but soon I broke out into a grin and their eyes widened hopefully.

      "I got a quest," I said, on the balls of my feet in excitement.

      Before I knew it, I was bombarded with hugs. I tensed, not sure where I was in the many squabbles of Apollo children, but soon Lee pulled everyone back.

      "All right, all right, hugs later, right now, we need to get our dear sister ready."

      Jay stayed with me while everyone hurried around the cabin. I hadn't moved a spot, and in the end, I still standing wide-eyed at the door. Soon, Jenna rushed towards me with a green backpack.

      "Okay, inside you have two sets of spare clothes, toiletries, a long roll of celestial bronze string for your bow, just in case, food, Will added a small canteen of ambrosia and nectar, and Lee's gone to get you some money from the camp store." I was about to protest but she shushed me. "They're loaning you some anyway. You'll need both mortal cash and drachmas. Now, all you need to do is make Apollo cabin proud!" She grinned. "Oh, this is gonna be so good. We've never had a camper take a quest before for as long as Lee's been here, or you for that matter."

      I suddenly felt the determination to make my siblings proud, but Jenna's words placed a pressure on my shoulders, and I couldn't help but swallow hard.

      "Shush, Jenna," Jay said. "You're pressuring her." He turned to me with a kind smile. "You'll do amazing, those monsters won't know what is coming."

      I felt myself grinning. "Thanks, Jay Jay."

      "No problem, Claire Bear."

      The door opened, and Lee appeared, but he seemed flushed and wide-eyed. He passed me a pouch full of drachmas and one hundred dollars, but he didn't move from the doorway.

      "Claire," He said. "There's someone at the edge of the woods to meet you."

      I frowned. "Who?"

      "You might want to see for yourself."

      He then ushered me outside, and I watched as he closed the door behind me, and I could see all my siblings waving and grinning from the windows. I chuckled before making my way to the woods.