Chapter 2 - Secrets & Lies

[ORIGINAL CHAPTER]

The alarm that woke me up the following morning felt louder than normal, perhaps because I had consumed a lot of alcohol the night before because I had gone out drinking with the unit the night before hoping to get to know them because I knew it w...

The alarm that woke me up the following morning felt louder than normal, perhaps because I had consumed a lot of alcohol the night before because I had gone out drinking with the unit the night before hoping to get to know them because I knew it would take a while for them to accept me and trust me because I was the newbie in the group.

As the alarm continued to beep into my ear I turned it off and rolled over for a moment moaning because I felt like crap however I knew that I had to get up for work so after taking a few minutes I got up and headed to the bathroom to have a shower to get rid of the smell of alcohol as well as to hope me sober up. As I washing my face feeling the heat of the water hit my face I began to have a memory from the night before the only one I could remember.

It was Olivia having an awkward expression on her face when another woman at the bar started flirting with me which I found odd because I hardly knew her which got me thinking of her being interested in me, I didn't have feelings for yet anyway but I found her attractive because of her looks and the fact she was a badass cop who could hold her own. Which attracted me and it got me thinking as I was in a world of my one I heard my phone ringing from outside the shower.

Which shocked me out of the daze so I got out of the shower before grabbing a towel and wrapping it around my waist before grabbing my phone and answering it "Hey mom what's up?" I asked because my mom never called me in the morning because she was always at work "the photo you sent me last night" my mom said sounding upset which began to worry me. "What photo?" I asked "you sent me a photo last night" my mom said which confused me because I had no recollection of sending a photo to my mother.

For a moment there was a silence between the both of us "your father is in it" my mother said which made me look up my texts and as I looked at the photo I was trying to figure out who it could be, because my mother said that she never knew his name however she could remember his face even now. I knew that she could remember his face but after 30 years "what do you mean mom?" I asked feeling my heart racing inside my chest "your father is Elliot Stabler" mom said which made my heart drop.

"mom you said you didn't know his name, I'm partnered with him and his partner" I said taking a deep breathe before passing around the room freaking out "I'm sorry honey that I didn't tell you the truth" my mom said as I began to walk out of the bathroom "for 30 years mom" i said snapping at her. Before cutting off the phone and getting changed for work but on the drive there I was just distracted about what I had just found out.

As I arrived at the prescient I tried to shut out anything I was feeling and headed into work "good morning lieutenant" Captain said as he saw me walk in "good morning captain have you got a minute" I said which seemed to confuse him "sure" Captain said before we headed over to his office before walking inside and closing the door "what can I help you with lieutenan" Captain Cragen asked as we both sat down "I was wondering if I could be assigned to another detective as their partner" I asked which confused the Captain "why?" Captain Cragen asked.

So I sat there for a moment in quite because I knew that I couldn't tell the truth "I feel as if the partnership with detectives Stabler & Benson isn't going to work out" I said which made captain Cragen eyebrows raise "unfortunately you're going to have to suck it up" Captain Cragen said which annoyed me because I didn't want to be stuck in an uncomfortable situation "ok" I said taking a deep breathe before walking out of the room and slamming the door behind me because I was angry before walking over to my desk and sitting down.

As i sat down I noticed that Olivia saw that I was angry and came over "what's going on?" Olivia asked as she looked at me "nothing" I said snapping at her "I'm sorry just a rough day that's all" I said smiling at her "you can talk to me I might be Elliot's partner but I'm yours now too you can trust me" Olivia said as she placed her hand on my shoulder. Which made my heart flutter and which confused me because I had only known her a day "thanks" I said with a smile which made her smile before we looked each other in the eyes for a moment.

I knew that I needed to talk to Elliot just wasn't sure how I was going to go about it whether I tell him the truth that he is my father or try to Atleast sort out the issue of him not liking me being partnered up with him so as I saw him walk into the bullpen I got up and walked over to him as he sat down "detective stabler can we talk" I asked which made him look up from his desk unimpressed to see me "I know you don't exactly like the fact that I'm partnered up with you and Olivia but we're all cops here" I said which made him look at me for a moment in silence.

"I already have a partner it's bad enough I have another but one who's whole career is glamorous because of the fact he saved the presidents niece come on" Elliot said as he sarcastically laughed "that's not everything I am I'm loyal and even if you don't like me Stabler I'd take a bullet for you" I said starting to get angry but I had to keep my cool so I walked away. Because I knew if he annoyed me anymore I'd mention what I had found out and it would probably make him hate me anymore.
End Of Chapter 2