*8*

"Rimaaaaa Where are you goinnnnng?" Daichi whined as he followed after his younger sister. "If we go to far, Orochimaru-sama will get upset."

"Oh hush up you idiot." Rima snapped at her older brother. "I could care less about that stupid snake. Besides, I wanna explore."

Daichi just sighed and continued following after his sister, jumping threw the trees. Though, the two stopped when they heard a singing voice.

"Eh? Do you hear that?" Rima asked. earning a nod from her brother. "Lets go check it out!"

The two began jumping the other direction from tree to tree when suddenly came to a clearing where they saw a small silver haired child singing. The child, to focused and deep into her song didn't hear the two approaching.

Both of their eyes widened slightly though as she reminded them of their sweet baby sister but they weren't sure if it was her since the girls eyes were closed.

They both waited patiently until the girl finished her song in hope that she would open her eyes but she didn't as she just collapsed to the ground, the fireflies in the area surrounding her.

Daichi, hoping to get a better look leaned forward a bit but of course fell out of the tree, making a ton of noise.

*Mai's P.O.V.*

I was laying on the ground lost in my thoughts as I thought over how yummy the cake Mama made for me was.

Though I was quickly brought out of my memories as the sound of branches cracking and a loud thump reached my ears.

I quickly jumped up into a crouched position as I pulled out a kunai.

"Who's there?" I called out.

There was shuffling up in a tree telling me there was another person as the one on the ground stood up.

"Don't worry." a female voice called out. The voice was familiar but I couldn't place where I've heard it. "We're not here to fight. We just heard singing and wanted to see who it was."

"Yea. What she said." A deeper, kind of masculine voice said. I could hear shuffeling telling me that he was the one who fell out of the tree.

Slowly, I came out of my stance and stood straight but kept my guard up with the kunai in my hand. "What you want?" I asked hoping to get rid of them. I don't like talking unless its with the Akatsuki.

*3rd P.O.V.*

Rima and Daichi stared at the younger girl in front of them.

'She looks so much like her...' Rima thought to herself sadly.

"Can we see your eyes?" She asked out loud growing impatient on wanting to know if it was really her sister or not.

Mai made a weird face of confusion before opening her eyes, revealing two clear, almost white eyes. "Satisfied. I don't know why you needed to see them but whatever."

"Your eyes...they're white...?" Daichi asked confused. He's never seen something like this before.

Mai just ignored the two and instead walked towards the tree grabbing a hold of her teddy before jumping up into the tree. Before jumping off though she turned to face the two.

"Later." was all she said before jumping off.

Rima and Daichi stood there slightly stunned as they comprehended what Mai had just told them before something suddenly clicked in Daichi's mind.

"Rima...the bear...the bear she was holding was the same one mom and dad bought for Mai that night..." he said slowly.

Realization slowly began to wash over Rima's face as it dawned on her. "That was Mai..."

The two quickly jumped and followed after where they saw their little sister but couldn't find or track her after searching for 30 minutes.

"Rima..We have to go back.." Daichi called out sadly but was ignored as Rima kept jumping forward still searching.

"Rima...Rima!" Daichi called again.

"What!" Rima finally snapped as she turned her head towards her big brother. "That was her! That was Mai! She lived and we have to go find her so we can be together again..."

"I know.." Diachi replied quietly as he pulled his sister close to his chest. "But we can't find her if we're dead because we didn't return to Orochimaru-sama. Besides, even if we did find her would you want to bring her to live with us and those crazy bastards. Who knows what they'll do to our sweet baby sister."

"You're right..." Rima finally agreed after a minute of silence. No matter how much she wanted to keep searching for her little sister, she didn't want to bring her into the hell shes living in.

"Come on...lets go.." Daichi said as he began leading his sister towards the base.

*Mai's P.O.V.*

When I finally made it back to the base I walked into the living room where every one was sitting except for mama and Pein-sama.

I quickly walked over to Fishy where I sensed him and crawled onto his lap before cuddeling into his chest. He just sighed, used to this by now as he wrapped his arm around me.

We all just sat their watching (listening in my case) as Hidan and Deidare fight over weather or not Deidara cheated in their little card game while Tobi jumped around yelling he was a good boy which looked (sounded) kinda fun.

I was gonna get up and start jumping around with Tobi yelling how I was a good girl too when Pein-sama walked in with mama. I could since she was upset which made me frown.

I crawled out of Fishy's lap and walked over to mama holding my arms out in hope of cheering her up.

She smiled slightly as she picked me up, placing me on her hip as I laid my head on her chest.

"Mai." Pein-sama started as he faced me. "Tomorrow we're gonna be sending you away."

His words really shocked me but I didn't show it on my face but I believe mama noticed as I tensed up in her arms causing her to squeeze onto me tightly.

"Why?" I finally asked after a moment of silence.

"We're going to be doing something dangerous that could possibly get you killed so we're gonna send you away. When we finish doing what we have to then we will retrieve you and bring you back." Pein-sama explained.

"Where am I going?" I asked.

"Konoha."