Smiles and Snakes

Ethan's POV

I was one of the happiest men on earth when Emma accepted my proposal.

I was in my bedroom drinking my coffee she had prepared. I insisted she stay longer with me.

"You know you're no longer my maid, right? You're my fiancee now."

She looked at her ring. She was still memorized by its presence on her finger. "Mr. Hollen," she began, but I cut her off.

"Emma, baby, call me Ethan, please."

"Ethan. There's something I have to say."

"I'm listening, sweetheart."

"I can't accept this ring. This doesn't feel right. I can't do this."

I was puzzled and disappointed. My happiness was short lived. "Why not? You accepted it last night."

"That's because I didn't want to refuse it in front of your grandmother and your friends. I have feelings for you but you're still engaged to Sharon. That's the fact."

"Emma," I heaved a frustrated sigh, "I'm breaking it off with her when she gets back. I don't want to do it over the phone; I want to do it to her face."

She attempted to take off the ring.

"Emma, on a serious note, if you remove that ring, you and I are going to have a problem."

She looked at me and I looked back at her, hard.

She kept it on.

"Can you just please give me until this weekend when Sharon gets back so I can end it with her? She already knows there's something we have to discuss."

"Okay. I will."

I pulled her into a hug. I ran my lips to her neck then down to her breast. She let out a soft moan when my mouth massaged her nipple. I gently took her top off; she wasn't wearing a bra. Perfect. 

I kissed her lips passionately and she wrapped her arms around my shirtless body. I pulled her closer to me, her breasts pressing on my chest. I unbuttoned her pants and moved my hands to her spot, feeling her. She was getting wetter and wetter by the second. I removed her pants completely, leaving only her underwear on. I bit my bottom lip as I looked at her body. She was so damn beautiful and sexy. I hovered over her while she looked me in my eyes.

"Are you ready?" I didn't want to force her. I was willing to wait until she was ready and comfortable with giving me her prize.

She nodded yes, to my surprise. 

A smile appeared on my face. Wow. "Are you sure baby? I don't wanna rush you. We can wait."

"I'm ready, Ethan."

I kissed her passionately again and I wanted to make her body feel at ease instead of just entering her. I wanted to make love to her. I kissed her body and trailed my lips to her private area. I took off her panties next and tasted her. She held onto my hair, pulling it tight as she climaxed on my lips. I entered her gently, I didn't want to hurt her too much. She moaned loudly so I covered her mouth with my lips.

_________

She cleaned herself up and laid on my chest while I combed her hair with my fingers. "Did I hurt you?"

She bled heavily on the sheets.

"I'm okay."

"Are you sure?"

"It hurts but I'll live, right?"

"Of course you will, baby," I assured her and kissed her again.

"How you think she will react when she finds out about us?" She was still worried about Sharon.

"I don't know and I don't care. As long as she doesn't hurt you. You're my only concern now."

"She'll kill me. You're everything to her."

I laughed. Sharon couldn't even kill a fly if her life depended on it. The woman had a snappy attitude but she was harmless.

"That's not going to happen because I won't let it happen. Matter of fact, she won't step foot back here. I can go to the airport and break the news to her there."

"What about the press? They'll slander your name. And when they find out about me..." She was panicking.

I didn't like seeing her scared. It made me felt like I was not doing a good job of protecting her and boosting her confidence. She was about to become the wife of a billionaire.

"Baby, stop worrying. I don't care how much headlines the press throw our way. Nothing and no one is going to change the way I feel about you. I love you." I kissed her again and she whispered in my ear as she hugged me, "I love you too."

"Do you want anything from downstairs?" I asked her.

"A soda please."

I took the coffee cup downstairs and brought her up a soda. She fell asleep shortly after drinking it.

 She fell asleep shortly after drinking it

I watched her as she slept peacefully.

I went down to my office to finish some paperwork I had to send in for my company. My computer gave me an alert that someone had been tampering with the accounts online. Hot blood ran through me as I looked over the accounts. No money was taken. Money couldn't be taken out, but someone had gotten close to it; too close for comfort.

I headed back upstairs, took a shower, got dress and headed to the office. I didn't wake Emma, so I left a note telling her my whereabouts and that I loved her.

I met Linda Steele at my desk. I had alerted her about the tampering on my way to the office.

"Does anyone have access to the accounts other than you?" she asked.

"Of course not, Linda. What kind of CEO do you think I am? I've seen many businesses all around New York fall because of different people having access to the company's account and so forth. I vowed not to make that mistake. Ever!"

"I understand, Ethan, but it's obvious that someone is after the money. They just don't know how to get behind your firewall. Did you trace an IP address?"

"It came from my home computer."

Linda gasped. "Do you understand what that means?"

"Of course. The person doing the tampering is in my house." 

I heaved a frustrated sigh as I laid back in my chair, rubbing my temple. I knew exactly who was doing it. No questions asked, no test to be done, no cameras to be installed. It couldn't have been anyone else but her. I would make certain she didn't get away without my wrath.

Enough people had used me and tossed me aside after getting what they wanted, especially women. I wouldn't let anyone take advantage of me and what I've worked so hard for again. My company was the foundation of my life and I'd be damned if someone was going to just walk into my life and run it to the ground.

One maid almost did that, almost, and no one else was going to have the opportunity to it again.

__________
FROM THE AUTHOR:

Please be advised that this is just a story. It's not a discrimination on race or color and cultures. It's just a story so I'm not changing any characters.

Thanks for reading Chapter 28 (although it's a bit short).
Don't forget to Vote.