My Story

TRIGGER WARNING FOR THE WHOLE STORY

My name is Eva.

I am an outcast. Treated as if I'm not human. I've been bullied at school for a while now, and things aren't too well at home.

I am just sitting at home listening to music trying to shut everyone out.

I mean, that's the way to avoid your world crumbling everywhere you turn.

Don't pity me. I am strong and although I feel terrible most days. I don't want to be cared for because of what I've been through.

Alot of people find it hard to understand me. All, but one person. My best friend, but she's not always here. I usually am alone to deal with my demons.

My Dad and Mom are yelling at each other. I get up to make sure he doesn't lay a hand on her. I can overhear their conversation filled with turmoil.

"You are worthless! I know you have been sleeping around!" My Dad had a beer bottle in hand and had his finger pointing in her face.

"IM WORTHLESS!?! You are constantly drunk. You can't even remember your own daughters birthday! How pathetic are you!?" He punches my mom she falls on the ground.

She spits out blood onto the tile floor. She looks up at me in shock. 

In this moment, she knows I'm about to act.

I grab one of the pictures on the wall and hit him in the head with it. Hard.

Falling on the floor, his head is crowned with glass shards.

I become terrified as I see his eyes become dark with rage.

"Eva run!!" My mom says. I try to run but he pulls me by my hair.

Before I knew it, My dad gets up and comes after me. He has me pinned against the wall. His hands are clasped around my throat. My feet were now in the air.

My vision blurring.

My air supply running thin.

I thought for a second this is it.

"Dont you ever touch me again you little shit. You're nothing. You will never be worth anything! You were a mistake!" He takes his hands off my throat. He kicks me in the stomach as soon as I hit the ground.

I look up my vision still blurry. I felt as though I would drop through the ground right there, with the feeling of heaviness in my chest. It seemed as though it was enough to do so.

I watch him walk over to my mom as I crawl towards the wall to support my back.

He hits my mom again and leaves out the door.

She is on the floor crying because he left.

She was crying for him to come back.

I'm out of breath and my mom drags herself on the floor to get to me.

"Are you okay? Eva I'm sorry! I'm so sorry! He's gone tonight. I promise he's never coming back. I'm putting a restraining order on him." She says trying to help me.

I pull my hand away from her grip and get up.

That is bullshit. Trying to make me believe she wants to break free from this toxic pattern of hers.

Yup, that just happened. It happens so often it's apart of my routine.

This is a everyday thing. He will come home, they fight, I'm next, she apologizes, he comes back.