CHAPTER THIRTY TWO

Happiness filled Bilal's heart when he saw Yumnah run towards his car, a large grin on her face.It reminded him of the good old days when he used to go pick her up from school and she always used to run towards him in a similar manner.

He had immensely missed his daughter over the past few days and that is why he had decided to take the afternoon off, so that he could spend some time with her.He had called Yasir to ask him for permission and he had readily agreed.

"Of course you can take her Papa, you dont have to ask for my permission.She will always be you're daughter first then my wife," he had said.

Bilal had been delighted by Yasir's answer and he was now more sure that he had given his daughter to the right man.

"Asalam aleikum Papa," said Yumnah as she got into the car.

"Waleikum salam.Look you dear, you are literally glowing."

"Really Papa? Its Pawpaw facewash.You should also try it sometime."

Bilal chuckled and started the car.Even after marriage his daughter had not changed.Still the crazy Yumnah.He wondered how Yasir was fairing on?

"So tell me, how is Yasir treating you?"asked Bilal though he very well knew that he should be asking Yasir that question, not his daughter.

"He is treating me well Papa.He is very gentle and caring...," she began and Bilal did not miss how her cheeks turned plum red.

"Mmmh i see, so he is just like me?"he joked.

"Well he comes pretty close."

Bilal let out a laugh at the same time internally thanking Allah.If his daughter or rather his only child was happy then he was happy too.

"So what life threatening stunt have you made Yasir do so far?" he asked.

Yumnah turned to look at him a really innocent look on her face.

"Life threatening and me?"

"I know you Yumnah.Im actually surprised with the fact that Yasir has not called me to take my daughter back," he said teasingly.

"I am really offended right now Papa.Is that what you really think of me?"

"Yumnaaah, what did you do?"

"Nothing.Nothing at all.We have just been chilling the whole time."

Bilal laughed again.Yumnah and chilling?Yeah right.Maybe Yasir but definitely not his daughter.

"So you have decided not to tell me?"

"Fine.Imadehisrunafterabus," she quickly muttered looking out of the window.

"Sorry?"

"I made him run after a bus," she said half laughing.

"You did what?Yumnaaaah,"said Bilal as he braked infront of a red light.Ya Allah, this girl.It had only been what?Three days?Poor Yasir.

"If Hussein ever calls me i swear i dont know you," he said shaking his head but then started laughing when he imagined both his children running after a bus.That must have been crazy.

"So, where do you want to go?Want to have icecream first?"he asked her.

"Can we go home? I want to meet Mama," said Yumnah.She had not talked to her mother since her Walima and she did really miss her mother alot.

"Okay, how about i drop you home and il go and buy us all icecream?"

"That would be great Papa.Can you get three extra tins?"she asked.