17

Theora snuggled closer into what she thought was her pillow when something in her brain clicked. What she was sleeping on was definitely not a pillow? Her eyes jolted open and she immediately regretted it as a sharp pain went through her head. As the pain slowly dissipated, a blurry figure slowly took shape of a man just not any man but Nicholas a very naked Nicholas at that. Gasping Theora jumped up backing into the headboard clutching the comforter tightly around her chest. Looking down and herself she realised she was wearing a shirt and underwear that was it. Theora thought what any person would think at that moment she had been raped in her drunken state last night. She muffled a scream, to which Nicholas awoke seeing the horror in Theora's eyes was all the explanation he needed.

"Theora, no it's not what you think" Nicholas said trying to calm Theora down but she wasn't having any of it. Theora began crying hysterically, moving away while trying to push Nicholas away as he came slightly closer to her.

"Oh god! Theora please try to remember" Nicholas pleaded grabbing her elbows making Theora squirm trying to get out of his grip. She found that she wasn't able to scream her throat had completely clamped shut.

"THEORA! NOTHING HAPPENED! Think! If anything happened you would be feeling it right now! Please believe me nothing happened"

Theora stopped squirming as all of a sudden the memories came flooding back to her. Diego the tequila bottle, lingerie, the living room couches, Nicholas falling into the pool, and then she vaguely remembers throwing up but nothing after that. Plus Nicholas was right if anything had happened she would definitely be sore or something. Theora took a shaky sigh of relief then realised Nicholas was still holding her.

"Let me go" she said quietly not looking his way.

"I'm sorry" whispered Nicholas as Theora rubbed the now red marks on her elbow.

"For everything Theora" added Nicholas "I don't expect you to forgive me.."

"Get out!" Theora cut him off angrily finding her voice again. Nicholas didn't need to be told twice and got up to leave. Theora felt her cheeks fire up realising he was only wearing briefs and tried to look away as he made his way to the door.

"Whoa!" Nicholas yelped as he opened the door greeted by an equally shocked Misha who had her hand ready to knock the door. Nicholas hid his lower body behind the door leaving only his upper torso exposed with a arm to cover his chest the best it could. A flustered Misha turned around covering her eyes with one hand and holding Theora's phone with the other.

"Its Theora's sister, she has called nine times since morning" Misha handed Nicholas the phone before leaving.

Carmen? What could she want? Theora thought.

Nicholas swiftly closed the door and handed Theora the phone. Theora could hear Carmen yelling into the phone even at arms length.

"Hello"

"Oh hello Theora" Carmen said in the pleasantest of voice.s. Something was definitely wrong Theora deduced "Good morning or should I say good afternoon"

Suddenly it hit Theora, Carmen's baby shower! Looking at the clock it was one o clock and the baby shower started at two but she promised Carmen she'd be there early to help out by eleven.

"I'm on my way" Theora said getting up. Nicholas was on his way back to his room Theora ran towards him grabbing his arm. Nicholas looked at Theora puzzled but Theora was too busy by the tirade of words Carmen let loose over the phone.

"How could you Theora! On the one day, I expect my sister to be by side in my happiness you arrive like a stranger"

"I'm sorry I overslept. Nicholas and I will be there in twenty minutes" Theora told her also gesturing to Nicholas to get ready too.