26

"I'm a dead man" Nicholas muttered to himself suddenly feeling very alone in this very large gathering.

Theora was happily chatted away with her sister who had become too big to move away from her chair as it was her ninth month now.

"So Aunt Nicky caught cousin Vinny sneaking a girl out of his bedroom window turns out the girl is pregnant now they're having a shotgun wedding" Carmen said filling Theora in on all the latest family gossip.

"No wonder Aunt Nicky wasn't able to attend and here I was thinking she actually had pneumonia"

"Nope Cousin Georgina saw her shopping at towns square yesterday. When she went up to say hi Aunt Nicky faked a coughing fit and ran off" Carmen added munching on a cupcake.

"Stop me Tiny this is my third cupcake" Carmen begged throwing the wrapper on the table in annoyance.

"Maybe you should slow down on the sugar intake but other than that your eating for two Manny. Don't beat yourself up for it"

"I look like I'm eating for ten. Look at me this grand hall is too small for me"

"Manny come on stop it. It'll all be over soon anyway and you'll have your little bundle of joy in your arms screaming his or her head off" laughed Theora

"Speaking of bundle of joy prepare yourself for a couple of aunts and great aunts to ask why aren't you pregnant yet unless you want what happened at my baby shower to repeat itself" Carmen laughed nudging her slightly

"Seriously Manny" Theora gave Carmen an annoyed look

"Yaiyai called the other day by the way" Carmen suddenly went serious "she said you act indifferent towards Nicholas and she told me to give you some advice. Is it true Tiny?"

Theora clenched her jaw she didn't know what to tell Carmen. She had prepared herself to lie and say that what Yaiyai saw was false but she felt like she couldn't lie to Carmen. Theora resolved to tell Carmen the whole truth when a kid, her cousin Din0, came running up to Theora.

"Aunty Theora! Aunty Theora!" Dino said out of breath

"What is it Dino?"

"Cousin Caesar, Adrian and the rest are going to throw Uncle Nicholas in the pool"

"What!" Theora screamed getting up running towards the left side of  the garden where the pool was.

"Theora what's wrong?" Her mom yelled after her

"Caesar is throwing Nicholas in the pool!"

"Oh lord!" Her mother followed her out with a couple family members in tow.

Her cousins Caesar, Adrian, Nicky, Vicky and Maxi all held Nicholas by his arms and feet and were swinging him back and forth.

"Five, four, three" They chanted slowly.

"Caesar!" Theora yelled coming up to them "Put. Him. Down!"

"We were just fooling around Theora. He would've been in the pool by now if we were really throwing him in" Caesar said letting Nicholas go.

"He has an injured arm Caesar!" Theora smacked him in the chest then crouched down to check on Nicholas who was now sitting on the ground. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine Theora" Nicholas said getting up dusting himself off "Maxi held this arm by the sleeve in order not to strain it. It's alright it was all in good fun"

"And they tore your suit!" Theora said angrily seeing his suit torn at the shoulder.

"Caesar!" Demos' voice boomed "How" he thwacked Caesar to the head "many" then thwacked Adrain "times" then Nicky "must" then Maxi "I say" then Vicky "NO ROUGH HOUSING AT MY HOUSE!"