07 | marlene

marlenemckinnon

liked by jamespotter, lilyevans and 832 others

marlenemckinnon not so delusional now am i hm
tagged; jamespotter, lilyevans

view all comments

lilyevans stuff happened. i don't want to talk about it. please take this down marls

jamespotter take it down, marls. please.

siriusblack wtf ^ what happened guys

remuslupin siriusblack you don't want to know

dorcasmeadowes siriusblack it was bad

marlenemckinnon has deleted her post

-

an hour or so before the post

"Just leave him alone, Potter!" Lily yelled, running up to where he was messing around with Severus. The two were facing each other in a defensive manner.

"Snape's a big boy Lily, he can take care of himself. Can't you Snivellus? Besides, he knows what he did."

"Oh really," Lily scoffed. "And please, tell me exactly what Severus did to start this mess."

"Keep your mouth shut Potter!" Snape spat out, eyes squinted.

"Or what? You'll punch me? Please Snivellus, we both know I'm way better at fighting than you are."

Lily saw Remus and Dorcas run up on the other side, having just seen what was going on between the Gryffindor and Slytherin.

"James think about this! You'll get detention for a month if a teacher comes out and sees this," Remus yelled.

"I don't care. What he said, I can't not do it."

"What'd he say then, Potter? Hm, what'd he say?" Lily asked, crossing her arms.

"I can't say it. I won't say it."

"Well then! Let him go Potter, let Severus go."

"I don't need your help Evans!" Snape spat out, clearly fed up with her trying to help him. "I can do this myself."

"Come on, Sev. Just leave him!" Lily tried again, pushing more.

Snape turned to her, eyes unusually dark and face stern unlike the one she's used to seeing. "I don't need your help! I don't need the help of a mudblood!"

James growled. It was low, but even Lily could hear it from where she stood. He went and raised his fists, ready to throw a punch when a soft voice stopped him.

"Leave him, James," Lily whispered, arms wrapped around herself. She turned around, going to walk away before she turned again tears prominent in her eyes. "He isn't worth it."

With that she walked away, wiping the tears from her eyes every now and then. She hadn't known that the boy defending her honor had followed her until she felt an arm wrap around her waist, pulling her into a body.

"What do you want, James," Lily sighed, turning out of the embrace to face the tall boy.

"I just need to know you're okay."

"I'm fine."

"You don't sound fine."

"Well would you sound fine if your best friend just called you the M word?" Lily suddenly bursted. "I'm sorry I'm not happy-go-lucky Lily right now, James!"

"No no no, shh, hey. It's okay. I don't expect you to be, Lils. I just- I'm sorry, okay? I'm sorry."

"You have nothing to be sorry about."

"But I do," James whispered, taking a seat on the grass. Lily followed. "I'm sorry for being such a pest. That I've been so annoying and whatever."

"It's okay, James," Lily smiled. "I appreciate your apology but really, it wasn't needed."

"Okay, sorry."

Lily laughed, laying down on the grass and looking up at the sky.

"Trust me?" James asked.

"What?"

"Just c'mon, trust me."

Lily laughed, rolling her eyes. "Okay then."

She took his hand and let him pull her up before she was led to a big tree.

"Why are we here?" Lily asked, looking up at it.

"We're going to climb it."

"Excuse me? More like we're going to die climbing it."

James laughed. "We're not going to die, promise. I've climbed this tree a million times. Haven't fallen once."

"Well, okay then. I guess."

"That's the spirit!"

Lily sighed and started up the tree after James, he helped her every step of the way. Once they were at the top the two sat on a branch and talked for the rest of the day.