~14~

Updated Version: 12/28/2023. Enjoy!

*****

"Kanda? Allen?"

Blinking rapidly, Lavi rubbed his eye making sure he was seeing things correctly. The fact that Allen and Kanda were standing right there, right in front of him. Alive and healthy.

This has to be a dream

"H-Hey, Lavi." Allen awkwardly waves, moving closer to Kanda. After all the time spent at the Order with many of the people he befriended, Kanda was the only one who ever helped him, and with that came unimaginable trust and loyalty. Allen felt his heart clenched as he watched Lavi struggle to sit up and take in his surroundings and take him in.

"Allen! You must hurry and take them to the Musician's room."

Allen nodded, replaying what Nea had told him to Kanda. Kanda nodded, picking up a dazed Lavi as Allen picked up Lenalee who was still unconscious. As Allen opened the door to the room, Kanda placed Lavi gently on the floor while Allen placed Lenalee on the sofa. They both stood back, Allen beside Kanda once more as they watched Lavi carefully.

"..." Kanda stood quietly, watching every movement.

Lavi blinked a few times, his arm going around his waist as he groaned in pain. He looked pretty banged up. Scars lingering all over his arms and a few all over his face. His hair was disheveled, sticking out from all different places.

Tears began to form, and Lavi's eyes finally focused on the two people in front of him. The two people he missed the most. He let out a whimper.

"I'm so sorry," Lavi replied, over and over again.

I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry

"After the both of you left, the Order turned into a madhouse. We knew that they were keeping Allen in a cell, however, we didn't know how bad the situation was until Allen disappeared." Lavi dragged himself slowly and painfully so now he was supporting his body against the wall. He cocked his head to the side, tears flowing down his cheeks.

"I wanted to make sure everything was alright. I happened to pass by Allen's cell door before everything went to shit; but not without overhearing the plans they had for Kanda." Lavi went on to explain. Pain showed all over his face as he groaned again, moving his hand from around his waist he noticed blood on his hand, he smiled.

"Lavi!"

He could hear Allen's voice fill with worry.

Lavi shook his head, placing his hand around his waist once again.

"I'm sorry for not being there for you." Lavi looked up towards Allen and Kanda. "The both of you deserve so much, especially after what the Order had done and was planning to do to the both of you."

"What did you hear?" Kanda asked.

"I don't think it'll change anything," Lavi replied with a slur in his voice. Kanda and Allen can both see that Lavi wasn't fairing too well. He needed attention and quickly.

"They were going to revive the experiments that they used on Kanda."

Ice shot through Kanda's spine. His eyes widened and his face turned a sickly pale.

"What?"

Allen could see that Lavi was fighting to stay awake. His body must have taken a beating, especially with how much blood was seeping from him. Worried, Allen called Tyki but it'll be a bit of time before he arrives. The musician's room was one of the most difficult rooms to find in the Ark without Allen as their guide - it wasn't impossible though.

"They were going to use... Allen." Lavi fell unconscious.

Allen rushed to his side, assessing the situation and checking Lavi over. He realized that Lavi was brushing off how truly bad his injuries were. They were borderline life-threatening. Allen looked up to Kanda, still frozen in place with wide cobalt eyes looking at nothing, almost as if he was relieving a faraway memory.

"Shounen! What's wrong?" Just then, Tyki burst into the room with Road and Wisely right behind him. He looked around, his eyes landing on Allen and Lavi.

"What happened?" Tyki asked, gaze turning towards an unmoving Kanda.

"I'll tell you later! You have to help him!" Allen looked back down at Lavi. The redhead was panting, his eyebrows knitted together in pain as sweat made its way down the side of his face.

Tyki kneeled beside Allen, he gently picked Lavi up bridal style. He looked down at the redhead who had groaned in pain as he held him, unconsciously nuzzling against his chest.

"I'll take care of him. I promise." With that Tyki left the room, taking Lavi with him.

Road watched in silence as she walked over to Lenalee who was still unconscious on the sofa. She called upon powers, placing Lenalee in a sizeable gift box. She smiled, looking back at Allen.

"I'll take care of you. You need not worry."

Allen smiled back with a nod. At the confirmation, Road nodded and disappeared from view. Wisely stood to the side, guarding and ensuring both Allen and Kanda were alright. Well, as alright as they can be.

"Kanda. Hey?" Allen stood up from his position, taking a step forward until he stopped in front of Kanda. He had not moved, his eyes glazed over from a memory Allen knew all too well.

"Hey, Yu. Come back to me." Allen leaned forward, placing his forehead against Kandas. He smiled, cupping his cheek.

"Yu."

"Al..Allen?"

"Hey, you with me?" Allen asked, searching Kandas' eyes.

Kanda stared into Allens' silver eyes. He blinked a few times before relaxing, nodding his head gently against Allens' forehead. Allen smiled brightly, rubbing small circles on his cheek to ground him. He knew Kanda hated remembering his time with the Black Order when they were experimenting on him and Alma.

"You okay now?"

"Yes. Thank you, Allen." Kanda stepped back away from Allens' warm hands. Allen missed Kanda's warmth however he didn't let it show. He cleared his throat, turning to Wisely.

"You know the Earl will never accept this, don't you little one?" Wisely asked.

Kanda turned to glare at Wisley who in turn shrugged.

"I know," Allen replied. He smiled, placing his hand on Kandas' arm, calming him down before continuing. "If he dares touch them he wouldn't have to worry about only dealing with me, but Nea as well."

"Dully noted, little one." Wisely smiled.

"The piano."

Allen looked up toward the piano in the center of the room. He walked over to it, placing his finger on a note and smiling as the note sang. Wisely and Kanda both watched him closely. As Allen sat down on the bench, he could feel Nea humming with energy. He carefully placed his fingers on the keys and began to play the song he knew by heart, the song that Mana taught him to play, the song of two lost brothers communicating; trying to find their way back home.

"This was our song."

Allen heard Nea respond.

"Now it's ours, Uncle." Allen continued to play, deep into the music and notes. "It's a song of happiness and love but also of loss, betrayal, and sadness. This song is what connects the three of us. This is our song, now and forever."

"Well said, Allen. Well said."

Kanda and Wisely watched as Allen became engrossed in the song, they watched his fingers dance so elegantly across the keys, his body relaxed and his eyes shut in concentration. They also noticed that beside the piano was a mirror reflection of the piano, but instead of showing Allen, it showed Nea playing the piano. Uncle and Nephew both playing together for something that they have lost and found. Both communicating with their missing piece in the hope of reuniting with them again.

"What happens now?" Kanda asked.

"I'm not sure. We'll just have to wait and see." Wisely replied.