Chapter 1

Stiles, Scott and I stood ways away from Malia's den, as Sheriff and some other cops searched it.

Stiles held my hand tightly as his dad made his way over.

"You're sure it was her?" He asked Scott and I.

"I looked her right in the eyes. And they glowed just like mine." Scott told him.

"But it wasn't a girl. It was a four-legged coyote, right?"

"It's my sister, I can feel her." I told him.

"Well, okay. But yeah, see, that's the point that we don't exactly have figured out yet." Stiles said.

"Okay, but if it was a full moon and she did change while her mom was driving, then anything could've happened."

"Horrible things could've happened. Ripping, shredding, tearing things."

"Mieczysław." I said trying not to think about that night.

"Which is probably what caused the accident." Scott said giving me a sorry look.

"Think about it, dad, all right. They're driving, Malia starts to change, she goes out of control, the mom crashes and everybody dies." Stiles started to explain.

"She blames herself."

"All right, goes off running into the woods and eventually becomes trapped inside the body of a coyote." Stiles finished.

"That makes sense." Sheriff said as Stiles smiled.

"In a Chinese folktale." He snapped.

"Boys, this is... This is insane. I need this kept quiet. The two of you, not a word."

"What about Abigail?"

"She's smarter than you two, also I don't want anyone hearing about this. I especially don't want Mr. Tate hearing about this."

Scott started to zone out, looking behind him.

"Scott? Scott!" The Sheriff snapped as Scott looked back.

"Sorry. What did you say?" Soon after Scott said that more police cars showed up.

"Oh, hell."

Dad stepped out with Agent McCall, before making their way over.

"Mr. Tate." Dad grabbed the blanket from the Sheriff's hand.

"Mr. Tate?" McCall asked.

"It's hers." Dad said shakily with tears in his eyes.

"All right, wait here." McCall was about to walk away but Scott stopped him.

"Dad."

"I'll talk to you in a minute. I wouldn't mind hearing how your mom's okay with you running around in the woods this late." With that the Sheriff and McCall walked away.

"Abigail... I need you to drive me home please." Dad told me.

"Okay." I sighed before pulling Stiles away to give him a kiss.

"I'l see you tomorrow okay?" I told him.

"Okay." Stiles said as I started walking to my car but Stiles grabbed my hand, stopping me.

"Babe, we will find her." Stiles told me as I nodded.

"I know that it's just... 8 years in the woods, all alone in coyote form? The doctors have been telling me that if she does show up, she will have to go to a mental hospital... but at least, I will get my sister back." I said.

"Abigail, time to go." Dad said from where he was standing by my car.

"If you have any nightmares, call me or say my name and I'll come running." Stiles smiled.

"Okay, I'll be fine. Just text me when you get home." Stiles said.

I gave him a nod and kissed his cheek before running to dad.

I got in my car, turning on the engine before driving.

"Dad, the sheriff was just trying to help." I said after a while.

"I know." Dad said.

I let out a sigh before continuing to drive home.