8. The Phone Call

(Naiyah's POV)

   As soon as I was out of his sight I slowed my walking pace. I let out a hugs sigh of relief. A big smile on my face. If I was human I would probably be blushing right about now. What just happened? I kept asking myself. I stopped in my tracks and looked behind me. Knowing that Paul wasn't there but looked anyways. I have no idea what this feeling is right now, I never felt this way in a very long time. Not since I left home. I ran my fingers through my hair and headed back to the Cullens. My sketch book in my arms.

   Even miles away from the house I could still hear Emmett's loud voice booming through the woods. I silently shake my head and walk inside. I walked to the kitchen and set down my book on the counter and head to the living room where Emmett and Jasper were playing video games. I grinned a little and walked behind the couch where they sat. I knew they knew I was there but I had a little trick up my sleeve. 

   Their eyes never left the screen, both concentrating on beating the other. I looked up at the screen and saw they were playing Call of Duty, and that they were playing with other people. Both teams tied up. I smirked, knowing I'll probably get in big trouble for this. I leaned forward and quickly covered their eyes with my hands. Yells and screaming came from both as they tried to get out of my grip. I laughed as they failed tremendously. I let them go when the game ended and they lost. I giggled as Emmett threw his controller across the room and was screaming bloody Mary. "What the fuck Naiyah!" he kept on yelling. 

   And even though Jasper can control emotions he didn't even try with Emmett. Only because he was mad at me also. But he took it much better than Emmett did. He sat glaring at the score board, his elbows on his knees. He was quiet. Too quiet. Which only meant one thing. I smirked at him, and he saw. He slowly stood up and glared at me. Emmett saw this too and stood right next to me, both had their arms across their chest. I smiled at them. "What?"

   I didn't even let them speak before taking off. Knowing they were right behind me as I ran. I laughed and looked behind me, Jasper was right on my tail. Emmett not to far behind him. I laughed and ran faster, running between the trees and jumping over ditches and rocks. The wind in my hair felt amazing. It was like everything was in slow motion. I could see every insect and animal out here. I laughed and jumped up into the trees, hopping from branch to branch. The boys, no matter how hard they tried, could not catch up with me. I was always fast, so it didn't take much to loose them. "Come on!" Emmett shouted. I laughed and landed on a branch and leaned against the trunk waiting for them to catch up with me. They stopped, down below, in front of the tree.

   I chuckled, "took you boys long enough."

   They glared, but started laughing. I giggled and jumped from the tree and wrapped my arms around both their necks. "I missed this," I say quietly. "And I'm sorry about ruining you guys game. Must have been pretty important for you guys to actually try and chase me." I laughed a little. Both their arms around my waist as they smiled down at me.

   Jasper shrugged, "Its okay Naiyah, with the newborns on their way it was nice to have a good laugh and goof around. And don't about it, we forgive you. Right Emmett?"

   We both look towards our bigger friend, he had a small frown on his face. "Well you did just ruin our undefeated winning streak and..." He was interrupted by Jasper smacking him upside the head. He winced, rubbing his head slightly. "We forgive you." He mumbled.

   I smiled and kissed both their cheeks. "Aww you guys are the best. Now take me home, I'm tired." I slumped against them.

   Jasper laughed and threw me over his shoulder, I gasped. "Jasper put me down! I was just joking!"