( sixteen )

After being on the ground for so long and having no contact to The Ark or her parents, Harley left the tent with a smile

After being on the ground for so long and having no contact to The Ark or her parents, Harley left the tent with a smile. Raven had set up a screening radio, so she could talk to her mom and dad almost face to face. She went on about Earth and how beautiful it was, and how she couldn't wait for them to get here. She told them about the people she was with, like Octavia and Clarke. She told them about who she missed, like Murphy. And then she told them about who they lost, like Wells and Roma. Harley was glad they listened, but she knew it was someone else's turn to talk to their parents.

So Harley joined Jasper and Monty, who were working with organizing the nuts section of their food supplies. Winter was nearing, which meant soon they'd need to lock themselves in the dropship and try not to die of hypothermia. The threat of the grounders still laid over them, and it was up to Bellamy and Clarke to figure out what to do.

Harley looked up, her hand deep in a bin of nuts as Jasper gazed over to the dropship. She sighed to herself when following his eyes, remembering of the grounder inside, that had been brutally tortured days ago to save Finn's life when he possibly couldn't understand English. "What do you think they're gonna do with the grounder?" Jasper asked, turning his head back to Monty and Harley.

Without looking away, Harley watched as Bellamy exited the dropship door. He didn't have any blood stained on him, unlike last time she remembered, so she hoped he was still alive in there, as long as he was chained up. "I'd rather not think about it," she heard Monty answer.

Looking back to them, Harley shrugged slowly. "I'd prefer they keep him alive, but.." She trailed off, referring to Bellamy, as she pulled her arm out and separated the nuts into the corrective bins. She unrolled her sleeves, that had been pulled up to her elbows, to finish what was left.

"I mean, it's been days since Bellamy captured him," Jasper added. "How long until his friends come looking?" Harley took a brief glance towards the woods, only able to see trees from the wall that was built around them. She knew the grounder's could be watching them right now, looking for the prisoner they were holding onto, but she wasn't too frightened.

The tense silence between the three was broken by Monty's light-hearted tone. "Cheer up!" He encouraged. "In that time, we'll all be dead from hypothermia."

Harley let out a short laugh at the joke, that could be true, as Monty ate one of the nuts before making a gesture to Jasper. His best friend opened his mouth, and Monty tossed one in, making the shot. Jasper grinned and chewed on the nut, before they each lifted their hands and slapped it, which Harley could only assume was a secret handshake they had.

After a moment, Harley lifted one of the nuts and examined it. She had yet to eat one, but was pretty hungry, not having much to eat from all day. "Are you sure these are good to eat?" She asked. It was a bit of an off color, and she assumed it was grown to adjust to the radiation.

"I was raised on Farm Station, I caught on to what's good or not," Monty explained, eating another. "Besides, a lot of other's have been eating them." He gestured behind him to the other teenager's hard at work, some of which having a packet of nuts they were happily eating. "I don't see anyone falling over and choking."