Infinity War

SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT: THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS MAJOR INFINITY WAR SPOILERS

I specifically waited to publish it a few weeks after Infinity War had been out to avoid spoiling it for people.  Anyways, I saw Infinity War.  I cried, a lot.  Seriosuly, I was actually traumatized by that movie.  And it inspired me to write this. 

AGAIN, DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE MOVIE OR SOME OF THIS WILL NOT MAKE SENSE.

"At the dawn of the universe, there was nothing," Wong began "Then, boom!"

A light exploded in the room and an image of the galaxy appeared.  Five stones floated in space. 

"A big bang and six elemental crystals hurtling across the virgin universe," Wong waved his hand and the stone spun into place.   "These infinity stones, each controlled an essential aspect of existence. "

The blue one lit up, "Space," next was red, "Reality," than purple, "Power," orange, "Soul", yellow, "mind, and time." Doctor Strange looked at the eye-shaped necklace that hung around his neck.  He crossed his arms over it and made a sign with each hand before waving them in front of the necklace.  The necklace opened, revealing a bright green gem inside it. 

"Tell me his name again," Tony demanded from his seat on the couch.  He watched the men with an intense look, still struggling to grasp the things he was being told. 

"Thanos," Banner stated.  "He's a plague, Tony.  He invades planets, he takes what he wants, he wipes out half the population, he sent Loki!  The attack on New York, that's him!"

Tony stood up as Banner talked, walking around the room.  "This is it," he whispered.  "What's our timeline?"

"No telling!" Banner exclaimed.  "He has the power and space stones, that already makes him the strongest creature in the whole universe!  If he gets his hands on all six stones, Tony-"

"He could destroy life hitherto undreamt of," Doctor Strange finished. 

"Did you seriously just say hitherto undreamt of?" Tony asked.  He leaned against a giant cauldron, stretching his leg. 

"Did you seriously just lean on the cauldron of Cosmos?" Doctor Strange's cloak slapped Tony's hand causing him to step back from the giant pot. 

Tony squinted his eyes at the magician.  "I'm going to allow that," He stated before turning back to the problem at hand.  "If Thanos needs all six then why don't we just stick this one down the garbage disposal?" Tony asked, pointing to the necklace. 

Doctor Strange shook his head, "No can do,"

"We swore an oath to protect the time stone with our lives," Wong insisted. 

"And I swore off dairy but then, Ben & Jerrys named a flavor after me, so-"

"Stark Raving Hazelnuts,"

"Not bad,"

"A bit chalky," Strange responded, starring Tony down. 

"A Hunk-A-Hulk with Burning Fudge is our favorite," Wong explained.

Bruce looked at the man surprised, "Wait, that's a thing?"

"The point is, things change," said Tony. 

"Our oath to protect the time stone cannot change, and this stone may be the best chance we have against them."

"It also might be his best chance against us!" Tony shot back.