Chapter 11: Nobility

A/N: I'm so glad you've made it this far into the book! Just a quick announcement before the chapter: I have four new books planed coming out THIS SUMMER!

Book 3 of the Back in Time series: World War II: Not Hitler's Rise to Power
Two Side stories involving the Characters from back in Time: Jack the Ripper; A mystery unsolved for  130 years, and Experiencing the Cold War: What really Happened?
And a surprise story I'm sure many of you will LOVE!!!

ANY SIMILARITIES BETWEEN THE TV SERIES TIMELESS AND THIS ARE PURELY COINCIDENTAL

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Again, everything faded into view. The Castle of Versailles, as beautiful as the first time they ever saw it. The five friends had all travelled safely, and had even managed to stay together! ("Thank goodness!" Whispered Alex.)

"Okay everyone, remember, we need to act like we belong in the court." Iris cautioned. "Salali, you speak french so it is your task to find Marie after the wedding, and invite her to play cards in the garden. Alex and Becca, find the kitchens and start making as many sweets as you can. T, and I will keep an eye out for any trouble, got it? And do not for whatever reason touch or go near our past selves, T told me what happened when you tired it last time!"

Everyone nodded and headed off to their respective positions.

~=+=~

Becca and Alex hurried down the long corridor. They had no idea where they were going, only that they had to head near the stables. Iris had told them that almost 2000 people would be employed so they should blend in easily. Becca looked at Alex "Do you know how to bake sweets and pastries?" She asked.

Alex grinned. This is the one useful thing he felt he could bring to the group. "Of course, it's one of my few talents!"

"Don't say that, I'm sure you have many things your good at. By the time we're done here, I want you to have a list of 10 things you're good at!" Becca reproached him.

Suddenly they stopped, Nobles were approaching them.

"Act natural" Alex commanded under his breath. "Just do what I do."

When they were near enough Alex paused and bowed. Becca followed suit, before she realized she was supposed to curtsy. The male noble looked at them. "Are you lost?" he demanded. Alex's face blanched for a second after recovering, he spoke in a pitch slightly higher than normal.

"Our Mistress just got in a few hours ago and sent us to the kitchens to help, we just can't find them."

The noble grudgingly pointed them in the right direction, and thanking him profusely headed on their way.

~=+=~

Salali had the hardest task out of all of them, not only did she have to keep Marie Antoinette from heading down the corridor, she also had to keep out of the way of their past selves in the process. Looking down the corridor, he heart sank. She had failed in the primary task. There was Marie chatting with Salali with her friends behind her.

Silently glad she was wearing a lot of powders and beauty products, she called to Marie in her best royal voice. "Madam, may I have a word?"

Marie excused herself and after talking with Salali, agreed to play cards in the garden.

~=+=~

Iris had spent the past ten minutes trying to explain to T the rules of the French card games which he was only beginning to understand. When Marie joined them they all complimented her on her dress and started to play.

The entire time they kept encouraging her to keep buying her beautiful dresses and wishing they were able to buy them as well.

 When the game was done, Iris excused herself and went to talk to the other nobles. Bribing them to keep inviting the young Dauphine to play cards with them. If luck would have it, she would be distracted enough to not pay attention to the "diplomats" and make sure the Revolution happened.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: What do you think will happen next? Will the Revolution live on? Comment below with your ideas, and if you have a question your been burning to ask either me or one of the characters, comment that below and they or I will answer!

If you enjoyed the chapter please don't forget to vote!

Love you guys and thanks for all the support!