Chapter 3

"Mine." We both whisper.

"Miss Smith, Mr. Caine may I continue my class please?" My teacher asked bringing out of the two ocean eyes I was so lost in. I nod, looking down at my hands sheepishly.

All throughout class I could feel his eyes burning holes into the side of my face. But I refused to look at him. If my dad was right, and I turned to look at my mate, he would look at me with disgust. When the bell rang u practically ran out of the room.

'Go back to him!' My wolf yelled at me.

'I can't he won't want us. Father is right I'm pathetic.'

I heard my wolf whimper as she shut me out. I started to walk towards my next class when all of the sudden hands pop out of the janitors closet and pull me in. By the tingles of pleasure that rolled up my arm I could tell that it was my mate. I tried to squirm out of his grasp but he was too strong and eventually I gave up.

"What do you want" I snapped. He looked hurt for awhile but covered it up.

"I'm trying to talk to my mate" he says with a smirk. I felt my heart skip a beat as a spoke. It took me a minute to realize I was gaping at him and I blushed looking down at my shoes that became very interesting.

"Look at me." He commanded and I instantly knew he was an alpha. I raised my head and met his eyes.

"What's your name?" He asked

"Jennifer. But everyone calls me Jenny." He said my name a few times seeming to like the way my name rolled off his tongue.

"I'm Zeke, Alpha of the Moon Stars and am 19 years old."

'One year older than us!" My Veronica exclaimed excitedly.

'Don't get too happy yet. He could still rejects us' I say coldly. That seemed to shut her up and I looked back up at Zeke.

"What?"

"I asked you if you would want to come to my Beta's party tonight?"

"Uh. I c-can't" I stuttered, knowing my dad will expect me home for my nightly beating.

"Why not? Hate me already?"

"No! It's just my d-dad and I h-have a dinner t-to go to." He looked hurt and disappointed but he relented, releasing me to go to my class.

My conversation with Zeke kept playing in my head and I was so out of it that I hadn't payed any attention to my classes. By the time lunch came around I practically sprinted the whole way to the cafeteria.

"Where's the fire?" Kylie asked, suddenly appearing by my side.

"Haha very funny. And I'm just starving is all." Kylie was the only one that new about my dad beating and starving me, so she nodded her head and started loading her tray.

"Have you seen the new kids yet?"

"Only one."

"What did you think?! Weren't they gorgeous! I could die right now! Whoever is there mate is very lucky!" I choked on my water when she spoke about mates and she have me a puzzled look but didn't ask.

We started eating our lunch I'm a comfortable silence when I felt someone staring at my and the hairs of my neck stand up. I instantly knew that it was Zeke but I would not look at him.

"Oh my god! The hottest new kid is staring right at you! you have to look at him! He is so yummy!" I growled at her on instinct and she looked shocked.

"What it's not like he's your mate Or anything..." I have her a look and she looked confused at first but then got it.

"HE IS ISN'T HE?!" She screamed. I shushed her and nodded my head

"Why aren't you with him?" She asked

"My father would never allow me to be with my mate and you know what he says to me. I'm not good enough."

"You know better than anyone that's not true." she said sadly. I gave her a doubtful look and continued to eat my lunch. I checked the time on my phone and noticed it was my free hour.

"I'm gonna go for a run." I told Kylie. she just nodded and went to go find her mate Luke. Luke lets is have lunch alone together because he knows he gets to have Kylie the rest of the day.

I walk out of the school and to the forest quickly stripping from my close and shifting. My wolf had beautiful thick brown hair and my green eyes. I took off at a jog to stretch my legs, but I couldn't hold off anymore and started running. I started to run to the only place that I could really be me. My favourite pace in the whole world.

It was a small pond in the middle of the forest, and far enough away from the pack so that no one would come looking for me there. I laid down in the soft green grass and looked out into the water. I felt my eyelids start to get heavy and let sleep take over me.