The Visit

**Ten and a half months later**

"Good morning, Feyre." My mate greeted, wrapping an arm around my waist.

"Hello, Rhys," I smiled up at him as we took a seat at the dining table for breakfast. Delicious food already was set across it, Mor and Azriel chatted away opposite us already eating. 

"What do you have planned for today?" I asked him while piling food on my plate. "Going to mutilate anyone?"

I heard him lightly chuckle before responding, "Other than Cassian, I don't think so..."

A few moments passed as we ate, laughing and chatting until Cassian barged through the doorway with an annoyed look across his face. 

"That annoying shit," He yelled, "He cheated on the bet."

"Who?"

Cassian grumbled while he took a seat beside Rhys. "Devlon," He muttered.

A smile at the remembrance of the unending feud between the camp warlord and Cassian. From the looks of it, it seems that Cassian has just come back from a meeting with him up in the mountains that homed the campsite of Illyrian army. 

As the General Commander of the Night Court's armies it is his duty to check up and ensure safety among our warriors and in doing so, has to regularly interact with the camp leader and warlord, Devlon.

"What did he do this time?" Rhys chirped up, a grin curving his lips as he ate a fork full of food. "Do I need to go up there and beat him up for you?"

I almost whined at my mates words, he had sworn to be with me at my checkup with our healer. To ensure a healthy development of our growing child within my belly, I have had a meeting at least once a month for the duration of my pregnancy, and Rhys has accompanied me to every visit.

"No. We had a wager, I bet that the female warriors in training could beat one of his men. He bet against it..." He swore under his breath. "The idiot brought out his strongest and most experienced fighters to go against the girls. They got beaten down hard."

"That shit!" Mor grumbled, swinging her fork around and making food spatter across the table.

"Now I lost the chance on getting a new set of armour and twin Illyrian blades... and some Bellardith spell book." Cassian said as he slumped into a chair beside Rhys and bit into a shiny green apple.

"What did you loose to the bet?" I asked, unsure on what was being waged.

His face flashed red as he looked up at me, "5 thousand credits, my battle helmet and..." guilt washed over his expression as he glanced over to Mor, "A date with my so called girlfriend."

He winced as Rhysand and I roared in laughter, even Azriel joined in in a light chuckle. I looked over to see that Mor was outraged, reaching over she picked up a piece of golden pastry and flung it straight into Cassian's face. I watched as it slowly dropped to leave a smear of cream across his forehead. The sight only made our laughter increase as we lost our breaths in the unending amusement.

* * *

Plates clattered together as I helped Cerridwen and Nuala clean up after our morning meal.

"Feyre, we can take care of the rest. Please go and rest," Nuala insists as I reach for another stack of dishes.

I look over to see Cerridwen nodding in agreement. "Spend time with your mate," she adds.

Sighing, I said waved goodbye and headed off, following my mates scent. I doesn't take me long to find him and soon I find myself in front of a door on the second story. I open the door, revealing a nursery and admire the white walls and intricately engraved wooden cot in the corner, with plush white pillows inside.