Chapter 12

Punches

Shivaay had started pulling Anika to a secluded corner, looking around to make sure no one was following them, even if only through their eyes. Anika's gaze was stuck to her feet, her heart beating faster by the minute.

She tried hiding the excited smile, failing miserably. She had just looked upwards when she saw Shivaay crashing into someone.

"Oh God! I am sorry." Shivaay hurriedly apologized. The wine that the man had been holding was spilt on his kurta, and Shivaay looked at him apologetically.

When his eyes fell on a terrified Anika, he knew something was wrong.

"By the way congratulations, Shivaay." The man grinned, forwarding his hand.

Shivaay took it, still trying to put a finger on who it could be.

"Thank you. And sorry that I don't recognize you." Shivaay pursed his lips, still trying to remember.

"Oh, I believe we haven't been introduced yet. Actually I am Anika's friend,"

And just like that, for the umpteenth time that night, Rudra saved Anika yet again.

"Bhaiya!"

Shivaay turned around to find Rudra standing on the centre stage, dangling a red box in his hand.

Shivaay's eyes widened, and he quickly ran his hand in his pockets, trying to find Anika's gift.

Oh God!

Rudra grinned at him mischievously.

Shivaay wouldn't have noticed foul play if he hadn't caught Anika looking at Rudra gratefully, Rudra blinking his eyes in assurance and then Gauri engaging in a conversation with the  mystery man.

Let's take care of the task in hand.

"Rudra, give it back."

"Nope." Rudra winked.

Opening the box dramatically slow, Rudra gasped as he saw a ring in the box. Closely examining it, he wondered why Shivaay chose it. Before Rudra could introspect further, Shivaay came and snatched the box. Pocketing it, he glared at Rudra who raised an eyebrow in return.

"Bhaiya, why the apple though? I mean, if it is for Ani, oops, Anika Bhabhi, you should have gone for a watermelon. That's how your love story began."

"Shut up Rudra, it's not like you think. There is no love story."

You didn't let it happen, you idiot.

"Haan haan, lie all you want. We'll see when time comes." Rudra huffed.

Shivaay's eyes wandered, trying to find the long haired man again. He saw him talking to Radhika. Understanding that he'll be interrupted if he even tries approaching the man in question, Shivaay decided to use a 'detour'.

Moving towards Avinash, he excused them from Shakti and Tej and asked him,

"Uncle, the guy Radhika Aunty is talking to-"

"Oho Shivaay, no need to be jealous. We invited Daksh here, I mean-"

"Daksh?" Shivaay exclaimed, shock evident.

"Oh you didn't know? I know he is Ani's ex but he's a great guy!" Avinash smiled, unaware of the raita that he spread. Or maybe, a step towards cleaning up the raita Anika spread.

"Oh, he must be."

Did Anika not tell her parents about Daksh cheating on her? Guess she was terrified of the guy himself.