Chapter 15

Chapter fifteen :|: Lies, Secrets and betrayal.
————————————————————————————

It was a rainy day in the kingdom, the gray clouds scattered across the once blue sky. The sun hiding the clouds as thunder could be heard like drums and lightning strikes down. Though it didn't bother Levi as he read his book, his glasses on the bridge of his nose. His hair falling in front of his eyes and the sound of the page flipping could be heard.

"Levi?" A soft voice called out, The sound of heals hitting the wood floor got louder as Petra got closer. "Have you seen Eren? He's not in his room and I don't know where else he could be..." Levi closes his book, putting it on the table in front of him and taking his glasses off. "No. He hasn't spoken to me for a couple days now. He's always gone or in his room, like he's avoiding me."

The room went silent, Levi standing up abruptly. "Why does everything have to be so complicated with that boy?" He grumbled, walking out of the room and down the hall to Eren's room. "Eren? Are you in there?" No answer, no movement. It was dead quiet and when Levi walked in, it was empty. Silver eyes narrowed as he notice a piece of paper sticking out from between the bed frame and the mattress. He read over the crumpled paper, his eyes turning into a hard glare as he closed his fist around it.

"Petra. How long have you had Eren to be servant?" He asked with a frown, hoping that what he read wasn't true. "A year or so. Why do you ask?" Her Head was tilted with a look of confusion.

"Because it seems that my mate has been playing innocent with both of us." He sighed. "He's suppose to kill me." Levi's voice blunt, but it was obvious that he was upset. Levi growled, walking out of the room, running down the hall and outside to see Eren walking up to the castle.

"Levi?" Eren was soaking wet, his emerald eyes staring right at the shorter male. Levi walked up to the Omega, holding up the letter that was now getting wet. "What is this?" He asked sternly. The rain coming down hard onto Levi, making his black hair stick to his forehead.

"I don't know." Eren tried to lie, a frown on his lips as he went to grab the paper but Levi was faster and took it away. "Don't fucking lie to me." He hissed, causing Eren to flitch. "You told me you loved me. Was this some sick game of yours?!"

"I do love you Levi... that letter means nothing..." Levi rolled his eyes. "Stop lying. Now who gave you this letter?" Levi shivered, shoving the letter into his face. "Tell me now!" He yelled.

It went silent, Eren looking away as he parted his lips to speak. "Kenny..." Levi started to laugh, his eyes wide as he ripped the paper. "When?" Eren looked to Levi with sad eyes. "Levi I love you." He whispered as he cupped his cheeks but Levi pulled away from him. "Don't fucking touch me. When did he give this to you?!"

"When I met him a couple years ago... he told me to be Petra's servant and when the time came I would come here with her... he told me I had to act like I didn't want to come and make it seem like I didn't know anything. B-But after I met you-" Levi turned and began to walk away. "Leave." Levi said sternly, Eren's eyes widening. "W-What?"

"Leave!!" He screamed. "I won't leave." Eren ran to catch up to Levi, grabbing his hand but the alpha slapped it away. "Don't touch me!" His eyes narrowed as he continued to try and keep up his strong demeanor. "Please Levi. I'm sorry."

"When were you going to do it? Kill me?" Eren breathed in, looking away as the rain came down even harder. "I was going to poison your wine on your wedding night."

Levi frowned, his body trembling in the cold, he walked back into the castle, pushing past the servants. He could here Eren's footsteps behind him but he ignored him. Levi pushed past Petra, pushing past Kenny and soon began running back to his room. "Levi!" Eren yelled, slipping as he ran after him. The only sound that could be heard was Levi's door slamming shut and locking. Eren stopping in front of it with a frown.

"I'm sorry..."

——————————————————————————-
I'm sorry I've been gone for so long, I didn't have the motivation to write and didn't have the time with Swim and everything else. This has been my idea for the story, but I don't know if I like it so tell me what you guys think.
~Spencer
*unedited*