Checklist

One activity that was going around recently was called "Therian Things I've done". This was a list that included a lot of hobbies, shifts, etc., and a mark could be placed beside that things a person had done or experienced.

The first thing that I noticed about the checklist was that a lot of the hobbies or activities on them are not exclusive or inherent to Therians. Anyone can practice meditation. Collecting bones and having animal items is a hobby or interest that anyone can take up. Therians are also not the only people who enjoy the outdoors or love animals.

Most Therians are probably aware of this fact when they label something "Therian", but I think this behavior is one reason we are disliked and trolled.

We are not trying to claim or appropriate these activities, but to critical outsiders, it could appear that way. The youth in the community are just having fun, but we need to be more thoughtful about how the public will perceive this behavior. I think it can make it harder for regular people to open up and want to understand us. On the other hand, having an interest in common could break the ice if a Therian talks about it in a normal context and doesn't attach everything to Therianthropy.

 On the other hand, having an interest in common could break the ice if a Therian talks about it in a normal context and doesn't attach everything to Therianthropy