light

° L I G H T °

° L I G H T °

If you were to ask people at Seattle Grace to describe Layne Sung, they would only have kind words to say. She was well liked over the whole hospital, always bringing the sun with her everywhere she went. She brought warmth and kindness in their lives, some had even said. There were barely any times where Layne wasn't the epitome of kindness. 

When she was about to graduate high school, she was standing on a rope, not being able to choose between her passion for dancing or her eagerness to help out others. She hoped that someone would give her a little push to help her decide. In the end, she got exactly what she wanted. A little push. However, it wasn't the good or positive kind. No, far from it. Her dreams of becoming a professional ballerina, making people feel their emotions by watching her dance was abruptly taken from her. She would no longer stand on a stage in pretty dresses with thousands of eyes on her. Instead, she found herself buried in her school books as she went to university to become a nurse.

After putting in four years of hard work, she graduated university with honors and got accepted to work at the same hospital, which was the starting point for her dreams. Seattle Grace was one of the foundations for who she was today. For seven years she put in hard work and never once complained. Every day, she walked into work with a smile on her face. She likes her life the way it is. It's calm, quiet, serene and doesn't give her stress. One day, Richard Webber tells his staff that they will be merging with Mercy West.

What's going to happen now?

° C A S T °

introducing

GEMMA CHAN AS LAYNE SUNG

A.K.A THE HUMAN SUNSHINE

"i don't know if this is a good idea, jackson"