24- Good Morning Empress

I personally love this song! Please listen to it if you have time.. I also think this song matches the atmosphere of these few chapters! Hehehe.. enjoy!

"Let's get back. Even if we sits here for another hours, there's no guarantee to come up with an idea." The emperor says, dismissing himself.

"Zhi." The general and empress both stand and prepare to leave.

"This servant will only sending off your majesty until here." He bows and go back to his mansion. Leaving the emperor and empress alone.

"I'll send you back." The emperor tells her.

The whole trip was silence, they are both busy with their own thoughts. The empire is in a great danger, and it seems like there's no way out. They don't have any choice but to see their empire falls.

"We're arrived!" His voice wakes the empress up from her thoughts.

"Don't go." She whispers, "I'm afraid, so don't go." The empress holds his robe to prevent him from leaving.

The empress must have a very hard time. They get in into the Phoenix chamber and sits on the bed.

"I won't go." The emperor says, he doesn't understand why the empress acts like this but,

"Your majesty, I love you. And I will always do." She hugs him tightly. If she can do anything in the world, if being an empress means to always get whatever she wants. This will be her only wish.

The emperor is quite shocked by the sudden love confession. But he hugs her back, rubbing her back as if that'll make her feel better.

She slept.

"How can I make you have so much burden? I told myself to never make you cry, but I kept on do it. Lu Yu-a we can get through this together.." he wipes her tears. Talking to himself. "Everything is going to be okay. Hold on." He says as he sleeps himself.

If she stays here, if she wants to preserve what she has built all these years. If she let herself grant her own desire, will her subject curse her? Will she be happy to ruin a whole empire because of her own selfishness? Will people fulminate her to her grave? Will the history book write her as despicable? Someone who won't sacrifice for her nation? Someone who deserves to be berated.. an empress with no sense of responsibility.

And they said, being an empress is every woman's dream.

___________

A flute melodies wakes her up from her dream. But she is fitter than before. She quickly gets off her bed before she's late to the morning assembly.

"Mumu! Prepare my clothes." She orders, what's wrong with her servant? Usually, they are ready even before she woke up.

"Her majesty?" A young girl came with a white robe and gold details.

"Who are you? How come I never see you? Where is Mumu?"

Wait, where is she? The ceiling is high, beautifully crafted with flowers and dragon. The room is spacious and well decorated, giving the aura of nobility.

"Your majesty, the emperor is waiting."

"Okay."

They get out of the unfamiliar chamber, going to the origin of the beautiful melodies. That makes birds sing along, and spring even more flowery.

"Her majesty, please greet the emperor." The servant instructed, because she doesn't move. They arrives at the golden pavilion, the most beautiful place in the forbidden city.

"Niao Niao, you are here!" The guy who supposed to be the emperor turns around and smile at her. "Here, sit with this emperor." He points at a seat next to him.

"Crown prince of Lian?" She steps back.

"Niao Niao, what is wrong with you today?" He said, pulling her by her waist. "Come, lets have our morning tea."

Orchid tea, my favourite.

Everyone seems to behave naturally, seems like she's the only one who is confused.

"Crown prince, can I ask you something?" Niao Niao finally speaks up,

"Niao Niao, why are you calling me that?" Lian Tian comes closer to her, rubbing her forehead. "It's been years since I became the emperor, no?" He laughs.

"Wh-when?" Her heart is beating too fast, something is missing.

"Motheeeeer!" A little kid's shouts take over her concentration. The kid is running towards her, with his arms open.  "Mother!" He hugs her.

"Well, this is our crown prince coming!"

"You.. you are my son?" Niao Niao is too shocked. Now she has a kid with Lian Tian?

"Huh? Mother, what are you talking about?" The little kid who is supposed to be her child pouts.

"Okay, okay.. that's enough Lian Cheng, go back to your studies!" Lian Tian instructs an eunuch to bring the crown prince back to his palace.

"Motheeer! Lian Cheng doesn't want to gooooo.. please tell father!!" He screams miserably. But Niao Niao can only stare at him not moving. She doesn't know when is this all happened. She doesn't know what should she do.

"Lian Tian, tell me-"

"Fu Jun*" he corrects. *husband, used by wife. (More romantic)

"Erm.. Fu Jun, how long-how long have we been married?"

"Eh? Why are you asking this? Have you forgotten my wife?"

"..." she doesn't know what to say. "Your wife is only testing you.. hahahha.." she fakes a laugh.

"Oooh.. how could I forget? It's been five years, this autumn is our six." He says.

"..."

"Niao Niao?" Lian Tian calls, "you are not listening, are you?"

"I'm so sorry.. what is it again?"

"The next full moon is Hong Yue, everyone in the harem house can go back to their home town. So when are you going?"

"Oh really?!" Niao Niao suddenly brightens up. "When can I go?" She asks

"Whithin this month, and you can come back after the Hong Yue." Lian Tian is happy to see his wife excited .

"How about the other consorts? Have they gone?" Even though she is very excited, she can't act recklessly and just go whenever she wants right? That's why she needs to ask.

"What consort?" Lian Tian frowns.

"Your consorts.."

"I don't have any consort.."

"Oh right! I'm sorry, I'm not feeling well today.."

"It's okay Niao Niao.." he brushes her hair. "So where is your hometown? Is it Lu province?"

Yes, her ancestors come from Lu province. But her home, is not there..

"My hometown is in the Zhang Kingdom's forbidden city. "

The place where she spent her whole life in. The place where her heart belongs.

Thank you for reading, please vote comment and share!

See you next week!