Chapter 35

The next night, you went out on your own. Connor had stayed with Hank since they needed to talk about the deviants cases. You had said that you'd had to stay home and help Zane with something. You were dressed up and ready for action.

You headed out and began the long walk to the boatyard

You headed out and began the long walk to the boatyard. I have to find them. I WILL find the deviants...and with luck...I'll find my dad and Nova too. 

You stayed out of sight as much as you could on the ground, but it was difficult. You sighed. There had to some other way to stay hidden and get there faster. You saw a fire escape leading to the rooftops. You grinned. Perfect. Roof hopping. Been a long time since I did that. You thought.

You climbed up the fire escape and began leaping from roof to roof at a fast pace. You grinned as the wind whipped past your body and you soared through the air. Way too long! You thought happily. You kept going, enjoying leaping from place to place. Soon enough, you made it. Through the dark you could see the old washed up ship. On the side of the ship in large rusty golden letters the word 'Jericho' was painted. You smiled.

"I made it. I found them!" You said happily. You hurried down off the roofs and inside. You looked around. You heard voices. You followed them. You saw androids all grouped together in the main area of the ship. Suddenly, barking echoed through the ship.

"INTRUDER!" An android yelled. You shrieked. You were about to run, but you were tackled to the ground by something. You came face to face with the same vibrant green eyes.

"Nova!" You exclaimed. She paused. Her glare turned into a thrilled round of barking. The deviants ran over and they looked confused.

"Why does it welcome this human?" A girl said.

"Maybe it knows something about her we don't." You paused. You knew that voice. You looked up and saw an android with mismatched eyes, no hair, and dark skin. You gasped.

"You! You're the one from the news broadcasting!" You exclaimed. He helped you up.

"The very same. My name is Markus." He said. "This is North and Josh." He introduced you to the other deviants that had come over. Nova barked, tail wagging happily. "Oh, and that's our wolf, Nova." He said.

"You mean my wolf. She came here with my father is what I heard on the news. She's my pet. It's why she knows me." You explained. They looked stunned.

"You're (Y/n) aren't you?" Markus asked.

"Yep! The very same!" You said.

"We've heard a lot about you. But..I hate having to ask this. Who's side are you on?" You froze.

"I...I..." You didn't know what to say. "I don't want to pick sides just yet. I promise I won't tell anyone where you are though. You have my word." You said. 

"It's good enough for now." Josh said.

"Come. I bet you want to see your father." Markus said. You smiled.

"That would be nice." You replied. You followed them with Nova trotting along beside you. Your father was sitting on a crate, his eyes closed. He was meditating. You smiled. Of course. You thought. "Hi Dad." You greeted. His eyes opened. He smiled.

"So, you finally found us. I knew you could." He said. He hugged you. "Welcome, my daughter." You hugged back.

"I'm glad your safe father." You said.

"We were fine. I knew that the others would come to help us." He said.

"The others?" You questioned. He smiled.

"BOYS! WE HAVE A VISITOR!" He yelled. More footsteps sounded and two men came over toward the both of you. You gasped, shocked beyond belief. You covered your mouth with your hands as tears began to form in your eyes. They both stared back at you.

"Sis!?" 

"ASH! KENT!" You yelled. They ran up to you and you ran toward them as well. You all hugged together. "I-I thought...I thought I lost you..." You cried.

"We had some help getting out." Kent said. "Jake!" He called. Jake came over and he looked shocked.

"(Y/n)! You're alright! Listen, I'm so sorry about the fire. I didn't mean to be such an ass. I...I didn't mean to take them away from you. I'm really sorry. Could you...forgive me?" He asked. You smiled.

"You saved their lives. I forgive you Jake." You said. He smiled, relieved. "But, why did you help them?" You asked. 

"Oh right. They said they never told you." Jake said.

"Told me what?" You asked. You looked toward your brothers. "What is he talking about?" 

"Sis, you know how Dad is like a Cyberlife genius?" Ash said.

"Yeah." You said.

"Well, when you were 6 years old...we were all out with Dad and Carl ran out in front of a bus to get his ball. We all tried to stop him, but all of us got hit. We were in critical condition. You were okay. You had just been knocked into a short coma. Dad took us home and...well...." His arm went white and you gasped in shock.

"YOU'RE AN ANDROID!?" You yelled.

"No. We're actually cyborgs." Kent said. You were shocked.

"We didn't you ever tell me?" You asked.

"We didn't want you to remember that day. I'm sorry we didn't tell you, but now you know. It's also why Nova has human intelligence. She can't speak, but she can understand us. She can understand how to do things like use a parachute or something like that. That's just an example though." Ash said. You nodded.

"Well, I know now at least." You said.

"You'd better go. We keep in touch with Zane. Don't come back here okay? We can't risk somebody blowing our cover." Kent said. You nodded.

"Got it. I'll see you soon, I hope." You said.

"See you soon little sis. I promise." You smiled.

"Bye guys." You said.

"Be careful!" Kent called.

"Since when?" You called back and hurried away.

(YES! THEY ARE ALIVE! You guys are too smart! Some of you freaking guessed my plot line before I even got to it! I was like, 'NUUU! I'M NOT AS CLEVER AS I THOUGHT I WAS!' Haha! Anyway, this is Spiritwing howling a goodbye! Author, AHWOOOOOT!)