Chapter 70

The next day you were working at your desk when a women you didn't recognize came in. She was wearing a black shirt that hugged her body showing off her perfect curves and skinny jeans that were also showing off her curves. She had lightly tanned skin, golden eyes, and long wavy light blue hair with blood red highlights. 

"Who's that?" You turned as Connor came up next to you.

"No idea. I've never seen her here before, nor anywhere else for that matter." You said. You saw Connor scan her.

"Her name is Dagger Scott." He said. You shrugged.

"Maybe she was called in for questioning or something." You said. Connor watched as she went into the Captain's office. You became suspicious. 

"That's rather odd." Connor said.

"Connor, is she human?" You asked.

"Yes. That's what my scan told me." He replied.

"Weird. I've never seen somebody with golden eyes." You said.

"Me either." Connor agreed. Soon enough she came back out and headed over to...Hank? You both looked at each other, confused. You got up and you both walked over. He was smiling as he talked to her.

"Oh, um, Dagger, meet my partners. This is (Y/n) (L/n) and this is Connor. Two of the best detectives I've met." Hank said.

"Oh, now you praise us Hank." You teased.

"Yeah yeah, take it or leave it kiddo." Hank said. You chuckled.

"Nice to meet you!" She said with a smile. 

"You too!" You replied.

"She was sent here from another department. She's going to be joining us on these attack cases." Hank said. You smiled.

"Sweet! That makes it even! It'll be interesting to have another girl around." You said. She chuckled.

"Yeah! I can't wait to work with you guys! It'll be fun!" She said. You smiled. Connor did too.

"At least now if we have to split up nobody has to go alone." Connor said.

"That will help." Hank agreed. 

"Where did you come from Dagger?" You asked.

"Another city not too far away." She said.

"Do you have a good place to stay?" Hank asked.

"Yeah! I'm fine!" She said. "I've got a place not too far away from here." 

"I guess you're all set then!" Hank said. She nodded. 

"Well, welcome to the team Dagger!" You said. She smiled at you.

"I look forward to working with you (Y/n)." She said. Then, Chris came over.

"Hey guys." He greeted. "We have a bit of trouble not too far from here. There was a man reported snooping around where he shouldn't of been. He vanished after somebody called him out for it, but we have reason to believe he was after somebody or something." He said. You nodded.

"We'll be on our way then." Connor said. You nodded in agreement. You all headed out and when you arrived you began looking around. You scanned and saw footprints leading across a vacant street. You followed them. You saw that he had climbed the fence. Connor, Hank, and Dagger had come over by now.

"Ugh. I can't climb that." Hank said. You looked at the rusty lock hold them shut. You scanned it.

Status: Weak

You grinned. 

"No worries Hank. I got this." You said. You quickly slammed your foot into the lock and the handle broke into pieces. They all looked stunned. You chuckled. "Come on! Follow me!" You said. 

You all walked in to an old office building. All looked around for anything. You didn't find anything on the bottom floor. You went up together and kept looking around. You found a bunch of huge old hats in a closet. You grinned and put on a top hat.

"(Y/n)? Where are you?" You heard Connor call.

"In hear! Look what I found!" You called. He walked in an laughed. Dagger walked in and she looked between you and Connor as if noting how he reacted to your silliness. You wondered why she'd been so eager to see what was going on between the two of you. You all kept looking. You and Hank searched a few other rooms when you heard Dagger call for Connor. Why does she need him? You thought. You went after and saw she'd found a very old camera and had surprised him with the flash. Connor rubbed his eyes and she laughed.

"Got ya!" She said playfully. You, on the other hand, knew that she'd upset Connor. You went over and held his hand as he regained his sight.

"Dagger...my eyes are sensitive to flashes I'm unprepared for." Connor said. She frowned.

"Yeah, be a bit more careful, Dagger." You agreed. You and Connor walked out together, but you could've swore you heard her growl in anger at the two of you. When you looked back though, she seemed perfectly fine. I'm...I'm just hearing things. You told yourself. You all kept looking. As you went up to the roof, you walked out first. You looked around, but you were almost instantly shot in the arm. You shrieked in shock and fear. Luckily, it had been your android arm. Dagger didn't even go to see if you were okay. She hurried to catch the man, dodging more bullets as he shot at her. Connor and Hank were by your side as Dagger brawled with the man. Your arm stung with electricity. Having it get damaged not long after having it added really didn't sit well with your body. The man was on the run. Dagger turned to you all.

"Come on! He's getting away!" She said.

"Dagger! There are more important things right now!" Hank said.

"Like what!? We have to catch him!" 

"(Y/n) is injured!" Connor snapped at her. "How can he be more important? We got a good look at him. We can track him down now. The most important thing is getting (Y/n) back to her home where her father can help her." Connor said. Tears were in your eyes.

"I-It hurts really bad." You whimpered. Connor kissed your cheek.

"It'll be okay, sweetheart. I promise we'll get you fixed up." He told you gently.

"Dagger, I don't know if you're new to this, but partners come first. We can't afford to lose anybody. It would set us all back by miles and if I'm being honest, as much as these two drive me crazy I still want them around." Hank said. Dagger looked stunned. She sighed and mumbled an apology. In that moment, you had lost all trust in her. Something wasn't right. A normal person would've been more concerned about their partner. I don't trust her.

(Heya guys! I hoped yals liked this chapter! I'll be posting more often again. It might take a day or two for me to get back into the swing of things, but more chapters are coming again! Can't leave our group of four there can we? Looks like we got a new cop with us, huh? I don't know though...you guys notice anything off about her? I don't. She's probably just eager or something. Anyway! This is Spiritwing howling a goodbye! Author AHWOOOOOT!)