Chapter 19 - Friends Forever

Telugu words in chapter: Akka = Elder sister.

---***---

Dhruva and Disha ran into their uncle's arms. "Uncle, I missed you" said Disha.

"I missed you more" said Dhruva.

"He is lying. I missed you more." Disha clung to Vikram's neck. 

He lifted them up. "I missed you the most. So I guess I am the winner" He helped Sandhya put her luggage in the car. "How was your journey akka?"

"It was good Vicky." Sandhya answered in a weak tone. She didn't embrace him like she usually did. Vikram knew that she was going through the toughest phase of her life. He was careful not to say anything in the presence of the twins.

They started their journey. He played with the kids while Sandhya closed her eyes. "My God! Disha, you have grown so tall."

"I will be taller than you soon." She said proudly.

Dhruva immediately stood up and climbed his uncle's shoulders. "I am already taller than Vicky uncle."

"Stop irritating him kids." Sandhya warned them.

"Akka, we met after four months. Let us have fun. Who else have I got?" Vikram resumed playing. They reached home in an hour.

Sandhya greeted Latha, who introduced her to Shubha. After greeting her cordially she went to her room to get some sleep. The children demanded Vikram to play with them. 

Vikram, who had to complete his quota of eight and half hours, couldn't lay awake. "Not now. In the morning." He almost slept. They started pinching him to wake him up. 

Shubha pitied him. "Who wants to play Uno?"

"Me" said Disha.

"Wait. Who are you?" asked Dhruva.

"I'm a friend" She answered.

Dhruva wasn't convinced."What if you are a kidnapper?" 

Vikram laughed. "Excellent Dhruva. I love you." He turned towards Shubha. "Now you know how I feel when you look at me with eyes full of suspicion."

Shubha didn't answer him. "I am Shubha. I am your uncle's fri-- colleague. I work with him in his film."

"You're an actress?" Disha switched on the lights to look at Shubha. "You're so cute."

"She's so tall." Dhruva remarked. "Are you taller than my uncle?"

Shubha looked at Vikram. She expected him to contradict the statement. Surprisingly, he didn't. When she observed carefully she understood that he fell asleep.

"No. I am not taller than him. But I am stronger than him." She answered.

The children sat on either side of Shubha asking her questions about shooting. "Did you fight with my uncle in the movie?"

"Yes. I have a fighting scene with him." 

"Was it painful?" asked Disha. "Amma says uncle is very strong."

"Of course not. He was the one who got hurt. When I punched him in the face, he growled in pain and hopped like a kangaroo." She said. The children laughed. 

"Uncle said you went to forest. Did you meet any wild animals?"

"Yes. I saw a wolf." She saw one in a wildlife sanctuary. They looked scared. She immediately realized her mistake. "Nothing to worry about. I punched it in the face and ordered it to go away."