Chapter 29

When Ruby woke up the next morning, she laid there in bed for a few minutes, listening to Rick's deep breathing and snuggling into his side. He was bare chested, and smelled like fresh air and sandalwood, and she wondered what he had used to shower with the night before. Whatever it was, it sent a tingle from her top to her toes, and she wanted to do nothing more at that moment than wake him up and keep him in her bed for the next six months straight. Finding him there next to her gave her the best feeling in the universe, and she didn't want to let it go just yet. Eventually, however, her bladder would not be denied, and she slipped into the bathroom. She brushed her teeth, put her hair in a messy bun on her head, and clicked the light off. Rick must have been absolutely exhausted, because he didn't budge as she moved around the room.

The sound of water picking up outside sent her to the window, and she saw it had started storming sometime in the night. Rain fell in sheets against the glass, the sky a beautiful dark purple color pocketed with black around deep storm clouds. Timing was perfect. If they had been on the road, this definitely would have held them back. She smiled to herself at the normality of it all. Turning around, a slip of paper on the floor next to the door caught her eye, and she went over to it, picking it up.

"Ruby, we took some of your clothes yesterday, figured you didn't have much. Hope this helps. -Beth"

Confused, Ruby opened the door and found a small stack of garments on the other side of the door. "When did you have time to do that?" She murmured, picking them up and taking them back to the bathroom. Carol had the shirt she'd borrowed yesterday for Maggie, along with some things she didn't recognize. A long sleeved black shirt caught her eye, and she quickly stripped out of her sleeping clothes and pulled it on. A pair of her jeans were there also, and they had just been washed. God, I love that girl, she thought as she pulled them on, sighing happily.

"You look amazing." Rick's voice came from the door, making her jump a little. He smiled and came up, wrapping his arms around her. "Didn't mean to scare you."

"It's ok." She said, kissing him deeply. "How did you sleep?"

"Very hard. It was so good, really. You should be happy you were asleep when I came in last night." He said, tracing her side with his finger, trailing it up under her breast.

"Why's that?" She grinned, looking up at him.

"Because if you weren't, neither of us would have slept at all." His voice was low, almost dangerous, and spoke volumes of his need. The feelings she had earlier returned with full force, taking her breath away. In a fluid motion, his hands went to the space where her shirt didn't reach her jeans, his fingers rough against her skin as they came up, taking the garment with them. A second later, it was on the floor, and her jeans were joining them. She didn't care that she had gotten dressed less than thirty seconds ago or that there was a whole house moving around them, when she felt the hardness of him against her lower stomach she almost melted away right there. He picked her up, her legs wrapping around his waist, and he sat her right there on the sink edge, his body pressing her into the cold marble.

She gasped when his hand went down her stomach to her thighs, then between them. Pushing the thin fabric of her underwear to the side, he ran a finger across her most sensitive parts while his tongue pushed into her mouth in a rapid tattoo of movement. Her whole body was alive then, hands twisted and caught in his curly dark hair, scratching the smooth skin of his shoulders and back. Thrusting his finger forward, she cried out at the feeling, and felt his breath catch in his throat. She was so wet, so ready for him, so when he began to use two fingers a moment later, she very nearly came right then. No, she scolded herself, not yet, she wanted him inside her so badly it hurt.

He moved his mouth down to her chest, sucking and licking her firmly, sending shock waves through her body while his fingers worked the most wonderful magic.