Chapter 28: anyone but you

I SPEAK IN A HUSHED TONE TO OCTAVIA as we huddle in the lowest level of the dropship

I SPEAK IN A HUSHED TONE TO OCTAVIA as we huddle in the lowest level of the dropship. I detail a plan on how we were going to sneak her up to speak to the Grounder prisoner. It wasn't the best and involved a lot of bribing.

Octavia hadn't moved from her position on the floor, trying to make a point to her brother that she was not giving up. I admired her determination and stubbornness.

Bellamy's loud boots stomp down the ladder. The eldest Blake sibling immediately notices Octavia and I sitting cross legged on the floor across from each other. He looks at his sister with slight annoyance. "You're still here?"

"I'm not leaving until to let me up there to see him." Octavia glares back at him.

"Get comfortable." He grunts, his eyes briefly flickering over to me. He sighs momentarily before looking back at Octavia. "I let him live isn't that enough?"

Octavia shuffles to her feet, her eyes squinting in disdain. "He saved my life and yours!"

"I know you see it that way, but..."

"That's the way it is."

Octavia had recounted to me the entire time when the Grounder had "kidnapped" her. She told me everything he had done to help her. How he was gentle with her and never once hurt her. She insisted that the way he looked at her was different. Hell, we all saw it when he gave her the antidote as soon as she cut herself.

I believe Octavia.

Plus that one Grounder had also saved my life.

They weren't all bad.

Bellamy looks back over at me again as if to ask for back up. As if I would be on his side about anything. I only cross my arms and stand firmly beside Octavia. Bellamy nods, knowing that he was alone. "He's still dangerous."

"Yeah, because you tortured him." I snap.

He ignores me and addresses his sister, his voice deep and firm. "Whatever twisted connection you think you have with that animal, forget it. You don't get to see him. End of conversation."

Bellamy turns to leave. Octavia balls her fist at her side, her voice practically ice. "Why do you even care if I ruined your life? You should want me to go up there. Maybe you'll get lucky and he'll kill me, problem solved."

He freezes midstep, his back tensing up at her words. "Octavia, you know I didn't mean that."

Octavia scoffs. Clarke walks into the dropship then. The blonde scans the room until she sees us. I wasn't sure if she noticed the tension in the air—if she did she chose to ignore it. "Bellamy," she addresses the dark haired man, while walking over to us.

Bellamy groans at the tone in Clarke's voice. He turns sharply on his heels intent on leaving the dropship and away from Clarke. "The answer is still no I will not talk to Jaha."