Chapter 7 1/2

October 7 3: 28 am
(Jeff)

    I was walking through the woods at night again. Sometimes it helped clear my head and sometimes I'd even get a little lucky and find a kill. But I think I liked it most because I was alone. It was nice to get away from the mansion for a bit. Jane is always on my ass about something and Tim and Brian don't do much. Toby, on the other hand, does too much and doesn't leave me alone.

    I had been lost in thought when I was snapped back to the real world because of a figure in the trees. I stood still waiting to see what it was. It was strange for someone to be this close to the mansion. For gods sake it was only a five minute walk. I followed the figure with my eyes. And, to my surprise, my eyes didn't fail me. There was a girl on the branches.  She came down to a brach and rested. This 'ought to fun I thought to myself.

   I walked up to the tree and started to climb. I was sure she heard me when one of the branches moaned under my weight, but she was still. For a second I would have thought her asleep. I pulled my knife out and readied myself for tonight's (or this mornings) first kill.

It wasn't until I was in front of her that her eyes shot open to meet mine. I laughed, both at the reaction and how entertaining this would be. "What's a pretty girl like you doing this far into the woods at night?" I teased. She was seemingly in shock so I dragged my knife across the (s/c) skin on her cheek making a small incision. I get irritated at the fact she still has no reaction to me so I pushed her off the tree.

   I saw her land on her back and chuckled to myself. I'm gonna fuck with her. I land by her in the leaves. It was very clear by her facial expression she was in pain. "Still nothing, huh? How about this?" I drive my knife into her thigh as she screams. It was probably the most beautiful thing I've heard all week. When she tried to get away I got on top of her. I got straight up irritated when she wouldn't say my name. It bored me. So I figured now would be a good time to kill her off. As I brought my knife out of her thigh and over my head the fear in her eyes reached a peak and it was delicious. As I brought the tip down I heard her whisper, just barely, "Jack."

  I stopped. I knew that name. "Who's Jack?" I asked. If it wasn't the same one I'd have given her false hope and it'd only make it that much better to watch her die. She stuttered in her answer but when I heard her say grey skin I knew it was The Eyeless Jack. Maybe if I take her back, he'll give me something. Or at the very least owe me. She protested as I threw her over my shoulders. She wasn't very heavy but girls seem to take their weight seriously. She was no exception when I teased her about it.

6:45 AM

   We had been walking for hours and the woods around us began to brighten. At this point she was actually getting heavy. I sighed and said "finally" as Jack's place came into view. We went up to the door and the first thing anyone would have noticed was the empty bottle of vodka. Don't ask I said to myself.

After managing to break his basement window, we got in. I knew the things that happened in that basement, and, if what she says is true and she really has been staying with Jack, she didn't have to yet. I set her down on the couch and told her to wait.

As I walked away I was counting the places Jack could be. If he's wasted he could be anywhere. But let's try the bedroom. I put my hood on seeing if he attacks he can't pull my hair, or at least right away. Walking up to the door I press my ear against the wood and try to listen. All I get is silence. I open the door and I'm kind of surprised when I don't see anyone. 3...2...1. As I reached one I was tackled to the ground and was met face to face with him. "Jeff?! What the hell?!" His words were slurred and his voice sounded hoarse.
"Hey buddy. What's up?"
He sighed, "What are you doing here?"
"Just passing by. I see you've been drinking."
"Why is that any of your business?"
We both get up off the floor and I put my hands up, "Okay. Jeez just saying. Hey there was this one chick in the woods. Real pretty. (E/c) eyes, soft (s/c) skin, beautiful (h/c) hair. And when she was screaming, god she had a voice."
Jack froze, seemingly in shock. "What...what was she wearing?"
Oh this is gonna be fun. "Some shorts and a shirt. Why do yo-" In seconds I was back on the ground. Jack punched me once and screamed "You bastard!"
"What was that for! What's wrong?" I asked. He got up and ran out the door.

    He was in such a rush that he slammed into the wall across from the door. He grabbed a key and opened up the attic for some reason. He growled out of frustration and I could swear I heard a whimper. He rushed down the hall, again going at an inhuman speed. He stopped at the balcony and almost fell over. The girl was still sitting on the couch. "Jack?" She said.
"You're okay?"
"You could say."
   Jack ran down the stairs practically tripping over himself. He gets down on his knees and puts his head between her legs. I feel a twinge in me but brush it off as lack of killing. He looks up at her and apologized for what he had done. I zoned out so I didn't hear most of it. When I came back, Jack got up. "I hate you Jeffrey. But thanks." He whispered in my ear.  I grab his arm and lead him to the other room.
"Whats going on here?" I question out of curiosity.
"It's a long story. But to cut it short, she's my hostage and she may prove useful to me."
"What do you mean 'may prove useful'?" I smirk.
"Not in that way, pervert." He walks out of the room, leaving me to think.

7:11 pm

I've been sitting in the living room watching Jack apologize for hours. Every time, the girl named (y/n) forgives him but he feels it's not enough. Eventually I cut in. "Yo she said it was fine. Chill out."
"I fucked up. And maybe should stop drinking." Jack chuckled a bit. He gets up and walks off into a hallway and returns shortly with a small medical kit. He grabs what he needs to make stitches in my work. "You're going to want something to bite on." Jack says to (y/n). He grabs a roll of bandages from the kit. "I'll throw these away later but if you need it, bite." Simultaneously, she turned on the tv, leaning on the arm of the couch. When the tv first came on and some weird auction came up. "Change." She said, her voice slightly raised as the first stitch went in. You could see the effort on her face that she was trying to suppress a scream. The next channel was a news channel. They were reporting the homicide of almost an entire block. The reporter seemed to shake by just describing the crimes. I, knowing all too well his tactics, immediately knew she was talking about Jack. I looked over and saw (y/n)'s face. She looked sad but that sadness was short lived. It was replaced quickly by the pain of Jack finishing off one thigh wound. As she watched the tv, her face contorted to an angry look.

News report: "I'm here with a friend of (y/n), Hannah. Can you tell us more about your relationship with (first and last name)."
"Of course. She was such a sweet girl and she meant so much to me,"
   (Y/n) gave a sarcastic laugh, "fuckin bitch."
"We were best friends and I can't imagine life without her. We loved her so much,"
     The girl on the screen starts to cry.
"I of course was always there for her but she always pushed me away. Don't worry (y/n). If you're out there, were looking for you. Follow my Instagram if you want to know more about me. And of course (y/n) too." The girl on the screen, previously crying, now perfectly fine and smiling as she gives a self promotion. (Y/n) speaks again. "That's enough of that shit." Her voice clearly irritated as she changes the channel. She stops on a cartoon I've never seen with a cat and fish displayed on the screen. I get up and stretch. "Alrighty. I think it's time I take a hike. Leave you guys be."
"You sure?" Jack responds.
"Yea. I've got some stuff I need to do." I don't want to see you and (y/n) giving any type of attention to each other.
"Okay. Whatever you want." He gets up and follows me to the front door. "Bye Jeff." (Y/n) says, needle still in hand as she sits on the couch.
"You owe my now, you know that?"
   "For what?" Jack questions.
   "Bringing her back. I can't think of anything yet, but I will. See ya later bro!"
  "Whatever. Bye bro." The last word he said sarcastically. I laughed to myself. I only had one thought going through my head.

I wonder if I'll ever see her again. 

////////
Hey. Sorry this is late. I've been suuuper busy and high school has been throwing an ungodly amount of homework at me. I actually have an essay and 3 assignments due as this is being written. Oh well. Thanks for reading and I'll see you in the next chapter