9. Sleepover

"You were the only one who wasn't afraid of me. You were the only one who dared to back answer me in a polite yet mocking way and yet I didn't mind instead I fell for you. I stole your diary and you stole my heart away from me."

"We used to bicker so much in those crowded hallways." Nandini chuckled, remembering those times.

Nandini was trying to get through the crowded hallway when she was shoved back and eventually she crashed onto Manik's chest and the next moment on the floor. All her things were spilt on the floor.
Nandini angrily pouted and glared at Manik but he rather found it cute and tempting.

"Would you mind not staring at me?" Nandini glared and Manik shifted his gaze.

"I wasn't staring!" Manik snapped back while Nandini rolled her eyes and started picking up her books.

"Sure you weren't. After all you don't even have eyes to stare." Nandini mocked, reminding him of their first encounter.

"Excuse me." Manik looked at her in disbelief. "I have perfectly working eyes."

Nandini just ignored him and started picking up her things. The feet that scurried by stepped on her book and kicked her pencil case. She sighed angrily as she crawled a bit and picked up her pencil case. As soon as she shifted her gaze towards the pencil case Manik picked up her book.

"Don't touch." Manik read it out aloud and smirked. "So your name is Nandini Murthy." Manik spoke out as he flipped the pages of the book which was actually her diary. Nandini's head snapped towards Manik and her eyes widened in horror. She came on her feet and tried taking the diary but she couldn't reach it as he raised his hands upward. She jumped and even tried pulling him down but nothing helped.

"Please give me my diary." Nandini requested in an extra sugary tone and any guy would have fallen for it but how could Manik fall for it, he was the bad boy after all.

Manik smirked, stepped a bit away from her and said,"I will give it back to you on only one condition."

"And what's the condition?" Nandini asked.

"The condition is that-" Manik paused and Nandini listened to him keenly. "Is that- umm leave it I will tell you tomorrow." Manik said and turned to leave.

"What? No that's my diary." Nandini could have followed him but she couldn't even leave her stuffs all spilt on the floor. So she hurriedly picked up her things, muttering some curses under her breath.

"If that day I hadn't stole your diary then may be we wouldn't have been here right now." Manik laughed.

"May be you would have been sleeping with some random girls." Nandini pouted and rolled her eyes as she got up.

"Hello? I just used to flirt with them. And by the way am still a virgin. But-" Manik paused and looked at her."But I don't mind losing my virginity tonight." Manik in a swift moment pulled her in his lap.

"What? No." Nandini abruptly got up from his lap, her face fully flushed.

Manik laughed seeing her and Nandini pouted angrily, looking at him. She pounced on him and the next moment both of them were struggling on the floor.

After a lot of struggling, they laid down beside one another and laughed their heart out. This was their heaven, their moment and their love.

The time passed in a jiffy and they didn't even realize the clock had already struck eleven. "Manik you should leave now." Nandini said as she sat upright from her sleeping position.

"I am sleeping here tonight." Manik too sat upright and smiled.

"But-"

"And I did sleep here once. So it's not a problem." Manik cut Nandini in between.

"No you aren't sleeping here. Navya might be home in midnight." Nandini tried reasoning.

"Navya knows about us so it's not a problem." Manik said, making his way to her bedroom.

"What if Abhi comes out of nowhere?" Nandini blocked the way of her bedroom.

"He will be clubbing somewhere with Mukti and for your kind information Abhi stays alone at his own apartment just like you and Navya do." Manik pushed her away slightly and entered her room.

"What if..what if-" Nandini tried finding a good reason."Yea what if Nyonika finds out?"

"From when did we start caring about her?" Manik said as he unzipped his jacket and threw it on the sofa.

"But Manik-" Nandini couldn't even complete.

"Nandini what's the problem?" Manik held her shoulder and shook her a bit.

"Umm.. Umm that-" Nandini trolled, bitting her lips as she looked at the floor while Manik listened to her keenly. Nandini inhaled a sharp breath and said it in a go without any pauses. "I won't be able to sleep without getting any wild thoughts."

She turned around, her face all flushed as she cursed herself. Manik chuckled. He slowly wrapped his arms around her shoulder, engulfing her in a back hug. "Nandini I won't let you get any such kinds of thoughts and you can completely trust on me."

"I trust you but I can't trust myself." Nandini spoke out slowly.

Manik turned her around towards him and held her shoulder gently. "But I trust you and that's enough." He ruffled her hair and she looked at him intently, smiling to herself.

He laid down on her bed and stretched both his arms, calling her to lay down as well. She laid down on top of him, her head resting on his heart, her hands wound around his back, whereas his hands were wrapped around her waist.

They lay there like that in each other's arms, a feeling of complete peacefulness enveloping them. After few moments of the heavenly feeling, Nandini twisted a bit in his arms and turned her gaze towards his face. He was looking at her lovingly. Manik bought his hands to her cheeks and caressed it lightly, sending shiver down her spine. He brushed his fingers across her cheeks and patted her head gently, "Sleep." He whispered and turned sideways, taking her along too. Soon enough both fell asleep.

***
Precap: Loving can hurt.

How was the chapter?
What do you think about the flashback

I hope you all liked it.

Don't forget to vote and drop your reviews please.

Love ❤
Aaku