15

LITTLE THINGS

LITTLE THINGS

As happy as I was for Tripp, I meant it when I said I was going to help him. He deserved a fair shot at Badge & Honor just like any other actor in Hollywood. Sure, he hadn't done anything as deep or serious, but he wasn't completely terrible, coming from a non-fan. He just needed a chance to prove himself.

With his relationship with Carter renewed, Tripp had spent two days hanging out. It wasn't such a big deal, but he needed to keep his eye on the ball.

        "Ah, come on, Clover, what gives?" Tripp whined Saturday afternoon as I pulled him outback by the pool.

        "Do you remember a little film called Badge & Honor?" I asked.

        Tripp rolled his eyes and focused on petting Snickers. "Yup."

        "Well hanging out with your friends getting high all day isn't going to get you a role in it, Tripp, you gotta work for it."

        Tripp snorted. "I haven't been getting high."

        Really? He was going to deny it?

        "No?" It was my turn to roll my eyes. "You guys come out of the Danger Zone smelling terrible, having giggling fits, and you've been snacking, a lot. Don't play with me, Tripp." I wasn't there to spoil his fun or be anti-pot, even if I didn't agree with his use of it, but it was important to focus on the prize.

        Knowing I wasn't fooled, Tripp sighed. "Okay, so I've been blowing off some steam, sue me. You heard Joel, no one sees me as Frankie, Clover, what's the point?"

        He had to be kidding me. The same guy who had gone out of his way and got me on the plane to L.A., and then begged for me to stay with him so he could prove that he was likable, was giving up on the role that he wanted due to some doubt?

        "Bullshit," I called out. "Joel says you can't do it and you give up? Come on, that's pathetic and you know it, Tripp."

        "Joel has a point, Clover. Justin has more serious roles under his belt. People would want to see him before me." Tripp sounded defeated and not at all ready to give it a chance.

        "That's why you gotta blow them all out of the water and show them you're better than Yogi Fuckin' Bear. You can't just sit there and play the game their way, you gotta do something."

        To that Tripp loosened up. "You think I've got a shot?"

        I nodded. "I believe in you, Tripp. Prove them all wrong and give them hell for ever doubting you."

        Tripp came and stood in front of me. "So what's your plan?"

        "We study the script, we study Scorsese, we audition and show them what you're made of."

Tripping Over YouOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara