Chapter 15: Escape

A/N 1.1K VIEWS! Thank you guys so much!

Velociraptor's P.O.V.

Shaking my head to clear my thoughts, and look around the room. The only things I see in here is a door and Leafy. Walking over to the door, I try to open it. It's locked, unsurprisingly.

A terrible thought stuck me: was this Eternal Algebra Class? But now that I think about it, it's probably not. There aren't any eliminated contestants, there is nothing else in here besides Leafy and I, so it can't be a classroom.

"Do you have any idea where we are?" Asked Leafy.

"Unfortunately I don't, but I do know we-" I began to reply when I looked at the ceiling, and saw a vent. "May have just found an escape route." I finished.

"What do you mean?" Leafy questioned. I nodded at the ceiling. She looked up and said, "Oh. I see."

Crouching down, I gather my strength and leap, just managing to grab onto the vent with my teeth. Swinging my legs up, I sink my sickle claws into the ceiling next to the vent.

Turning my attention back to the vent, I use my hand claws to remove the screws. Releasing the vent from my jaws, it falls to the floor, leaving me hanging just by my feet. Looking down at Leafy, I tell her, "Don't worry!" As soon as I get into the vent, I'll help you up."

Leafy looks up at me. "Alright, be careful though." She says.

Swinging up again, I manage to get my head and neck into the vent, and then I pull my arms in, and sink my hand claws into the metal, securing me enough that I can release my feet from the ceiling. Attempting to pull myself fully into the vent, I get stuck. The vent is too small, ugh!

"Leafy! Can you try and pull me out? I'm stuck!" I call down to her.

Leafy's P.O.V.

I was worried that the vent might be too small for Velociraptor. Better get her out I guess. Jumping up, I grab her tail and before long, she gets unstuck and falls out. While I land on my feet, Velociraptor lands ungracefully on her side.

"Thanks." She says, standing to her feet.

I look up at the vent and realize something. "Hey wait. It may be to small for you, but I could probably get in, and then come back to free you!" I suggest.

"Great idea!" Velociraptor replies.

Wait. I can't jump like Velociraptor, so how am I gonna get up there?

Velociraptor looks at me. "Need a boost?" She asks.

"Well, yes." I reply, half jokingly and half serious.

"I thought so. Use my shoulders as a boost. And when you do get out there, be very careful when coming back to get me. Four could be anywhere." Velociraptor informs me.

"Right." I say, climbing onto Velociraptor's shoulders. I'm now able to reach the vent easily, and I climb into it.

As I quietly crawl though the vent system, a thought strikes me: Maybe I should just save myself. After all, saving Velociraptor would just take more time, and that would increase our chances of getting caught again, especially since I have no clue how get out of here.

But I quickly counter the thought. Velociraptor is the first friend I've had in a very long time, and I'll need help to confront my sister, even though I really don't want to. 

I've made my choice.

Coming across another vent, look down though it to see a hallway of sorts. Perfect. I kick open the vent and drop into the hallway. Now to try and find the room Velociraptor is still locked in.

Quietly walking along, I soon spot a random door in the middle of the hallway, with a key chain hanging from the handle. I'm pretty sure that's where Velociraptor is. If it is, I wonder why Four would just leave the keys right outside the door. Maybe he figured there would be no one to let us out, so it supposedly wouldn't matter.

I hear what sounds like claws tapping, very faintly, inside the room. Yes, this is right. Taking the key, I unlock the door.

"You did it!" Velociraptor says, trotting out to meet me. "Now, let's get out of here before Four catches us." She adds.

We continue down the hallway despite not knowing where it leads. "Do you think this could be Four's house?" I ask Velociraptor.

She nods. "Yes, it probably is Four and X's house. Maybe he wasn't quite sure what to do with us, so he locked us in that room while he decides."

Spotting a window, I stop. "Looks like we won't have to wander around here any further." I say.

Velociraptor runs up to it, opens it, and climbs out. "Come on, we gotta go!" She urges me.

Following her, I climb though the window as well.

Velociraptor's P.O.V.

The full moon is beautiful tonight, as it shines down on Leafy and I, as we are walking though the woods, away from Four and X's house. Not sure what direction we're heading, but I hope its towards Yoyleland.

(Small time skip)

We headed towards the sound of the Goiky River and I felt a surge of relief that we had went the correct way. We continued down the path that lead past it to Yoyleland. I felt quite excited to see the city again.

"Oh, by the way Leafy, what did you need to tell me about Evil Leafy?" I asked Leafy, remembering.

"Well, she found oil by a lake near the edge of the Evil Forest and Snowy Forest, which the supplies the Goiky River with some of it's water." She informs me.

"That's.... really bad." I respond, only now noticing how far we had walked, as we were at Leafy's Yoyle City house.

We go inside and Leafy grabs a few things. "Even though I really don't want to confront her, as she's my sister, we'll need these supplies. Including knives, cause who knows what wildlife is out there." She says, handing me a bucket of stuff, which I hold.

As we start to walk to the Evil Forest, the thought of the dream about my loyalty strikes me. I still don't know where it truly lies, but little did I know I was about to find out.

A/N I know it's shorter than the previous 2, but I'm positive the next and last chapter will be at least 2000 words, so stay tuned! Please remember to vote and comment!