•ابتداعِ عشق•

یارا  میں سید زادا ہوں
یارا میں شرابی ہو گیا
کوٸ تو وجہ ہوگی
-جون ایلیا

Shehryaar sat in his office, turning a page of one of the black files, eyes focused on the words printed in black ink, the muscles between his elbows and his shoulder bulking as he turned another page, the large oak table he was sitting at the focal point of the whole room, a large bookshelf lining the wall and his white dress shirt illuminated by the golden lights. Rubbing his light beard absentmindedly, he looked up as the door opened.

Ahmed walked in, his gait swift as always and plopped down on one of the chairs in front of the desk.
Shehryaar smiled in his usual way, tilting his head forward to acknowledge his brother.

" kya hua, Ahmed?"
(What happened)

When his brother just shrugged, he went back to his files, his attention captured by his work again. When Ahmed didn't say anything or do anything for a while, Shehryaar looked up to see him holding back his smile. He raised his eyebrows but his stubborn brother just smiled back, his eyes glinting.

They looked at each other for three consecutive seconds before Shehryaar sighed, closing his file.

" Kya masla hai?"
(What is the problem?)

Ahmed shrugged,
"I was just thinking."

Shehryaar wanted to ask his brother to stop thinking so much all the damn time but he didn't,
" Bolo, Ahmed. Aur jao."
(Speak Ahmed and go.)

Ahmed bent a little forward, eyes mischievous as a wicked grim came upon his lips,
"Walima kab hai?"
(When is your wedding reception?)

Shehryaar stilled for a second before he gained back his thoughts,
" Kiska Walima?"
(Whose reception?)

Ahmed rolled his eyes,
" Shaadi ka khaana tak khilaya nahi aur ab aap shaadi sey mukar rahay hain."
(You didn't even treat us and now you are denying your marriage.)

Shehryaar exhaled through his nose,
" Mein mukarr nahi raha. And who told you?"
( I am not denying it.)

Ahmed shrugged,
"Aik chirya ney." (A little birdie did.)

Shehryaar brought his eyebrows a little together, a frown appearing on his face,
"Don't think that I don't know what you have been up to. Leave that girl alone, brat."

His brother rolled his eyes in mock annoyance.
" haan bai, aapki biwi aur aapki saali. Hum tau kuch bhi nahi hain."
( Yes man, your wife and your sister-in-law. We are nothing actually.)

Shehryaar glared at him, the turquoise stone ring in his hand glinting against his shirt.

Ahmed grinned again,
" Phir walima kab hai? Mein chachu kab banu ga?"
(When is the reception then and when will I get a nephew/ neice?)

Shehryaar glared at him hard, he understood his brother was just joking but he wanted to clear it.
" Only Nikkah happened Ahmed, that too, just because they needed protection and a safe place to live. After some time, I will divorce her and then marry her off to a good man who I know will keep her and her sister safe."

Ahmed could only blink, he didn't expect this from his brother. He started getting angry and a little heated,
"Bhai, how can you do that? Wo itni pyaari si larki hai aur aap.."
(She is such a beautiful girl and a you..)

Shehryaar hated that he had to explain everything to his brother at that moment, he would have to do it many times more.
" Tau? I felt bad for them, I married her didn't I? Now, you can't expect me to actually accept her as my wife. She is a kid!"