•صداءعاشق•

Last Chapter

At the breakfast, everyone was already seated when Mirha and Shehryaar came. The chatter stopped as soon as all eyes fell on them, little Mustafa ran up to Shehryaar, clutching his leg.
" Bhai!"

Shehryaar chuckled as he picked him up and pulled a chair, waiting for Mirha to sit down before sitting down himself. Everyone started talking again. Minal talked non-stop with Mirha, telling her about her night and how she wanted to tell her a secret later. Their father talked to Mirha, asked how she was and forced her to eat some more.

Later, their father left for his office and Fasih snatched the newspaper from Shehryaar, opening it himself and clearing his throat.

" Chalain phir aaj shopping par?"
( Should we go for shopping  today?)

Ahmed carefully buttered his toast,
" Wajah?"

Fasih turned a page over,
" Bai, bus 9 maheenay reh gaye hain bus meray bhteejay ya bhateeji ko aanay mey. Meray khyaal sey shopping shuru kardeni chahiye."
( Bro, only 9 months are left for my niece or nephew to come. The time is running?)

Ahmed started laughing as Shehryaar glared at them both, everyone else at the table trying to hold in their laughs with pursed lips but failed, resulting in a roar laughter in the dining hall.

" Sharam karo kuch, Fasih. Daadi saamney bethi hain."
( Have some courtesy.)

Ahmer pinched his twin upon seeing Mirha's blushing face and then his mother's pinched lips.

" Dadi jaan bhi tau kal yehi keh rai theen."
( Grandma was saying this yesterday.)

His grandmother was looking at him with smile in her eyes and then she glared at him for dragging him with himself.

" Bus karo, Fasih. Bachi pareshan ho rahi hai."
( Stop it Fasih, the girl is getting nervous.)

Fasih dipped his head in obedience, glancing at the newlyweds once before Ahmed called Shehryaar,
" Bhai, Bhabi sahiba kuch khaa nahi rahin. Kuch khyaal karain."

Shehryaar looked at Mirha, whose face was a little red and then looked at her plate which was still filled with the food other's had placed in it. Everyone watched with eagerness as he raised his eyebrows,
" Kuch tau khaa lo."
( Eat something.)

Ahmed sighed,
"Haye bhai, aap tau bilkul fail hain. Apnay haathon sey khilayein na kuch."

Everyone nodded in response, insisting him to do so but he shook his head, smiling. Mirha had her chin nearly touching her chest.
They started chanting on his refusal, and even little Mustafa said so loudly,
" Bhai khila dein naa!"

Everyone laughed as his voice echoed in the dining room and Shehryaar pinched his little brother's cheek.

Smiling, his eyes smiling too as he bit his lip, trying to decide what to feed her. Then, with he spooned some halwa from his plate and raised it to her mouth. Mirha looked at him with a face glowing from blushing too much, lips keeping in a smile as she heard Minal chanting her to eat it in her ear.

Slowly, she opened her mouth and he brought the spoon forward, making her eat it. Quickly, lowering her head again, she held Minal's hand under the table in nervousness as everyone cooed and awed.