A Chat Over Dinner

If you are the type who eats out regularly, one day a stranger might join you at the table. This stranger will always appear of your age and gender, they will only appear if you are alone. No matter what style of restaurant it is, they will always be carrying their own plate of food.

After a few seconds, they will look directly at you and say "you seem like an interesting person. May I get to know you better?" Say yes, and they will begin to ask you questions about yourself in between bites. These questions will be innocent enough at first: what you name is, what you do for a living, and so forth, but should you open your mouth to answer, you will be forced to tell the truth, even if you don't consciously know what the truth is. Remain silent an the stranger will scowl at you, pick up their plate, and leave. You will never see them again. If you do indulge in their questions, however, they will grow darker and darker as the food leaves their plate, and it will become harder and harder to resist answering. Do not attempt to leave the table before they do under any circumstances.

When their plate is clean, they will stand up to leave, but not before asking one last, issesistable question. "What would drive you to take your own life?" You will instantly be aware that you will be able to lie in response to that question, and I suggest you do, for whatever you describe will come to pass within the week. Those who are canny may use this chat to gain whatever they desire, but know that if whatever you describe doesn't drive you to suicide, the stranger will start guessing as to what will, and consider how much they now know about you.