Chapter 6

We arrive at the village it was covered in fog.

"It's made of magic."I state. Yuno waves his arm and a gust of wind blew into the fog.

"It didn't do anything, and we can't go in there without knowing where we're going."

"This place sure has lousy weather!" A familiar voice shouts, we look back and see Asta and two other people.

"Ah Noelle! I haven't seen you since last year!" Mimosa says waving at her, the girl Noelle gave her a slightly annoyed expression.

"Why hello Mimosa."Noelle says.

"Yo, Asta!" I say to him, he spots me and runs up to me and jumps onto me into a hug.

"It's been a long time!" He says.

"We just saw each other a few hours ago." Yuno repeats.

"OHHHH!! YUNO YOUR HERE TOO!?" Asta shouts and goes up to him as they exchange a few words. The other guy comes up and looks at the fog in thought.

"Hey, Asta. Cut this mist with that sword of yours."He says.

"Don't be silly. Swords can't cut mist!" Asta says freely waving his hand.I hit him on the head.

"YOU'RE THE IDIOT! YOUR SWORD CAN CUT MAGIC! AND THIS FOG IS MADE OF MAGIC YOU DUMBASS!"I shout at him, he instant realizes and pulls out his sword from his grimoire and slashes the fog.

"So? Why are you here?"Noelle asks Mimosa.

"We got a mission that an attack was going to happen by a criminal by the name Heath Grice."Mimosa explained.Upon hearing this, the guy with the tacky shades told Asta to go faster.

"There! The mist is clearing!" Asta shouts as we arrive at the center of the village, the mists clears and we see all the villagers sitting in the middle with ice shards about to drop on them. Some of them were crying, others were praying.

"Commence Execution." A cold voice commanded, the ice shard started to fall at a quick speed.I take out my grimoire.

"Flame Magic: Explosive Scattershot!"The guy shouts and the ice explodes into tiny shards.

"Heavenly Sky Magi: Limitless Sky!"I shout and a portal appeared under neath all the tiny shards to not injure anyone, I drop them off to the side somewhere.

The villagers look up in hope.

"The Magic Knights! They've come to save us!" The yelled.

A boy cries in the center, the guy in the black bulls robe turns to the man with the scar.

Wait.....that man..

"Leopold! That's Heath Grice!" I shout as I point to the man.

"How dare you throw off the schedule. In three seconds, every one dies."He breaths out a breath of warm air in the cold fog.Heath uses his grimoire and sends a boulder of ice our way.Leopold steps in front.

"Fire Magic: Spiral Flame!"Leopold gives out a spiraling fire from both of his hands and melts the ice.Asta steps in beside Leopold.

"Mimosa! Heal the villagers!"Leopold shouts still facing Heath.

"Yes!" She shouts back and quickly hurries over to the villagers.

"Why would you do something so horrible?Who the heck are you people?!"Asta shouts angrily. The wind blows as Heath looks at his pocket watch.

"Five minutes. The worthless villagers didn't know anything. We'll finish them off quickly ad hunt for what we seek!"Heath hissed. It was silent except for the wind, so silent, I could her the watch tick.

"Don't ignore us!" I yell at him, I charge forwards, condensing my magic.

"Heavenly Sky Magic: Sun's Despair Lance!" The fiery lance charged towards him .

"You fool! Don't think you'll approach Lord Heath so easily. Mist Magic: Whirlpool of Illusory Mist. Wander in the mist."His subordinate summoned the mist.

I don't know where I'm aiming, Heath could've moved and I could hit one of my team or one of the villagers! Dammit!

I jump back and let my lance dissolve.

"I'll ask you again! Why are you trying to massacre the villagers?!" I shout at him as the mist cleared. Heath pauses before speaking.

"This village is int he forsaken realm, where commoners dwell. Most inhabitants of the forsaken realm are an inferior breed. The only magic they can use is petty, everyday magic. They're all animals who are unable to use tools. These dumb beasts could rob me of my time. I was simply trying to clear them away before hand. You have enough magic to join the magic knights don't you? You're simply trying to save them because it is your mission. Don't they look like pathetic animals, even to you?"Yuno, Asta and I reply at the same time.

"No because those are the people, I need to protect!"