Chapter Two: A Show Of Might

Amongst a small asteroid field, a rip in the fabric of time and space began to open. The force of the rainbow-colored wormhole moved the floating debris slightly off to the side, clearing an area for a large yellow and black ship to emerge. The wormhole closed as the ship sat stationary with the drifting rocks. The yellow circuitry lines all disappeared leaving the ship a jet black, almost disappearing into the background. The captain, Vanessa, the four Velcronians, and Danny stared at the view screen in complete wonderment. Past the floating asteroids, they saw all colors of lights streaking across the starry background, some ending in small fires. Recognizing it as a battle zone, the captain brought up the star chart on his chair's holo-console. Surprisingly, there was not only a map of the system, but also a route outlined on how to get back to Earth. The captain was slightly taken when he read the distance they had traveled in only twenty minutes time. A black and yellow pool of liquid dropped from the ceiling on to the floor, catching everyone's attention. The pool began to form into a six-foot humanoid circuit board as it moved to the front of the bridge.
"Welcome to Farside," it said in it's harmonized deep tone. "This particular area is where you will start. Forgive me for bringing you here like this, but they are in desperate need of your help. There is a galactic war taking place. I have witnessed your capabilities, and I believe you may be the only ones who can stop it." It said as it studied the captain and his crew. It ended its gaze on the four Velcronians. A slight twitch and the four's armor lit up. Quickly the Kregorian raised its hands in a sign of surrender.
"Do not be alarmed my four friends..."
"Oh so nooow we're friends." Pelik interrupted. "First you invade our home planet and almost destroyed it, then steal our codec, and to top it off, you tried to assimilate the rest of us. And you expect us to trust you? Give me one good reason why I shouldn't send you down to the Ender's pit." He finished as he disconnected his plasma rifle off his back, aiming it at the Kregorian as the charge reached full power. Thinking of his parents, and now his brother, his rage was on full.
"You won't survive without me." It said as it lowered its hands.
"Not good enough." Pelik said, but just before the last amount of required pressure was used, the captain stood up.
"Wait," he said as he walked around to the Kregorian. Mentally he asked Bianca to be ready just in case. Pelik slightly lowered his weapon.
"What exactly is going on here?" He asked the Kregorian.
"There is a war going on." It said as it turned its head towards the viewscreen.
"Yeah, you mentioned that." The captain said. The Kregorian stared at the display of laser fire beyond the asteroids for a brief moment before speaking.
"This war, it has no reason. It just sprung up out of nowhere. Now, whole systems are falling. The Peacekeepers are all but extinct. The few remaining are scattered." It said as if in sorrow. It turned to the Velcronians. "This is your sister planet Armonia. The last of the Velcronian stronghold. Once it falls, your race will be homeless, but you may have the potential to stop it." It said, almost pleading with them. The captain nodded his head and the viewscreen zoomed in on the distant planet in the background. At this range, they could make out some of the larger ships. The aqua greenish planet slowly rotated behind the multicolored laser show.
"And just how are we going to stop an entire galaxy from fighting each other?" Vira asked as she stepped up beside Pelik.
"That is what you will have to find out." It answered as it started walking back to where it was.
"Ok, I have a lot more questions I wanna ask but something tells me I'm just gonna get the same answer too, so, just this one. Who are you, exactly?" The captain asked. It made it to its spot then turned and looked at them.
"My name...is Maylar." He said. Maylar liquified himself as he stretched to the ceiling and disappeared. After a few seconds, they saw a smaller black and yellow version of the Impala shoot off towards the planet.

_______________🌌_____________

Placing the ship in Battle Mode, Danny sat in the captain's seat as he watched the jump ship Titan launch from the ship's hangar bay. The sliding doors closed under the Titan as it angled towards the planet and accelerated. The Titan, which is a very smaller version of the Impala without the tailfins and front set of wings, engaged it's nanite shielding as it streaked towards the closest ship. The brown and tan fishhook-shaped alien ship had small fighter crafts flying around it protecting it. The Titan loomed just outside of sensor range as it opened a channel.