III

𝐁𝐎𝐍𝐍𝐈𝐁𝐄𝐋 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒 neat and tidy

  𝐁𝐎𝐍𝐍𝐈𝐁𝐄𝐋 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒 neat and tidy. Marceline, on the other hand, was far from organised.

  Marceline was messy and unruly, characteristics that Bonnibel wasn't exactly fond of when she had been dating her.

  “Marceline,” she groans, picking up an overturned shirt and a bra off the floor, not bothering to even contemplate the undies that were neglected a little further away.

  “Clean your mess. Now.

  Marceline scowls and floats over to snatch the underwear off the wooden floor, green eyes scooting to the image of Finn squatting with his eyes covered, and cackling sadistically.

  “Nothing to be ashamed of, Finn,” she drawls, floating to him with her underwear in hand, with Finn fleeing at her approaching.

  “Marceline–” Bonnibel stands between her and Finn, hands out to block the vampire queen’s path, trying very hard to ignore the fact that Marceline was in a mere bra and home shorts.

  “–please cover yourself up.”

  Bonnibel gulps, and she hopes dearly that Marceline hadn’t noticed. What a bother, she should be marking reports around now, and if only Marceline wasn’t here, she would be having jer fair share of peace and quiet.

  Marceline’s expression was unreadable as she floats closer to Bonnibel, such that she was half a head taller than the professor.

  Green eyes pierce deep into Bonnibel, and she feels something she had not felt for seven hundred years. Was this...affection?

  It ignited a flame in her heart, rekindled something dead, as Marceline draws closer and closer, till their foreheads were touching. Bonnibel was frozen in place, her heartbeat the only thing plaguing her ears.

  Marceline whispers softly, her strawberry breath teasing the corners of Bonnibel’s quivering lips.

  “This isn’t the first time you’ve seen me like this, Bonnie.

  Bonnibel snaps out of her trance, her cheeks gradually staining red, and she hears Finn’s chuckles in the background as heat churns throughout her entire body.

  In retaliation, she lobbs Marceline’s clothes at the floating vampire, and she’s not expecting the guilt that sparks the moment she does.

  Marceline made her feels things she shouldn’t; the feelings she gave Bonnibel were messy and unruly, far from being neat and tidy.

  So why, then, does Bonnibel still cherish and hold these illogical feelings close to her heart?

a/n;

  hope you guys can enjoy this little bubbline fluff (?) cause it’s actually really hard for me to find time to write now; at least — till the end of my contract in april.

  as always, thank you for reading! this series is gonna be really short, as mentioned earlier, and concentrates on rebuilding the broken relationship between these two lovebirds.

joyfulweirdo.
16.1.2019.