V

𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐂𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐄 𝐇𝐀𝐃𝐍'𝐓 𝐁𝐄𝐄𝐍 ready to deal with the messy feelings that had led her to break into Bonnibel's pink Volkswagen that day, but she's secretly glad that she had followed Simon's advice

She's glad that she had finally been reunited with the lost piece of her heart.

Bonnibel hadn't changed in the slightest in those seven hundred years.

"You're the idiot!" Bonnibel whines into her shoulder, hands gripping tightly onto Marceline's grey singlet, tears soaking the material. "What took you so long! Seven hundred years!"

Marceline, herself, was crying century-old tears. She chuckles softly, and tightens the embrace slowly.

The tune comes to her naturally, now. No gravity, no force weighs it down like it normally did.

"Sorry I don't treat you like a goddess," she hums softly, letting her raw voice seep through, and Bonnibel's sniffing, caught off-guard. Marceline holds her like she was something fragile, something that needed protection.

"Is that what you want me to do?"

As she sings, she feels Bonnibel start to calm down, and when she finishes the song, Bonnibel's hands are on her shoulders, their noses inches away.

"Glob, I missed hearing you sing."

Bonnibel admits, and the second she does, red shades her cheeks, and her blue eyes dart everywhere, avoiding Marceline's wiggling eyebrows.

But it was true. Back then, Marceline would always be in arm's reach, tuning her guitar and singing some new song, and it calmed Bonnibel more than she'd reveal.

"I'm sorry." Bonnibel whispers, moving her hands slowly up the skin on Marceline's neck, feeling the warm flush crawling up Marceline's nape.

She pulls Marceline in closer, ropes her in, and leans her forehead against hers, hoping that she could convey her regret somehow.

"I shouldn't have yelled at you like that that day. I shouldn't have told you to leave. I shouldn't have pushed you away. I should have loved you more. I've been-"

Marceline cuts her off with a small smile and a quick peck on her lips. She pulls away with a self-satisfied smirk and raised brows at Bonnibel's startled expression.

"-such a dinger to me, I know. Just kiss me already, princess."

Bonnibel hesitates, and Marceline leans forward, till Bonnibel could count the stress lines under her enchanting green eyes. Bonnibel almost forgot what made her fall in love with Marceline in the first place.

She tugs Marceline gently by the neck, hands light on Marceline's skin, and connects their lips together.

Bonnibel had always been fascinated with the way Marceline could make her feel: the way Marceline's touch could ignite fire in her nerves, the way Marceline's kiss could melt her and hold her up at the same time.

Marceline gave her something that no-one else could: the feeling of home.

"I'm sorry, too." Marceline whispers as they break apart for air, and she presses a hand into Bonnibel's back, and guides Bonnibel's legs around her waist.

"For not holding on for a little while longer."

Marceline hoists Bonnibel up onto her lap gently, lets them both float just right above the carpeted floor, remembering how she used to do it whenever Bonnibel got too stressed over the Candy Kingdom's matters. She knew it made Bonnibel take her mind off things for a while, knew it made Bonnibel feel like it was just the two of them in the entire world: just for a while.

"Sorry for not trying to understand you a little more."

Bonnibel hugs her again, eager for more of the warmth that she had craved for so long, nuzzling into Marceline's embrace. "Yeah yeah."

Marceline rolls her eyes at Bonnibel's indifferent tone, then chuckles at how clingy Bonnibel was acting.

"Just promise me," Bonninel says sternly, her voice muffled into Marceline's thick black locks. "That you won't sing that song ever again. And that you stay right here. Don't go anywhere. Ever."

"Woah, woah, Bonnie, calm down. You sound like you gotta a little screw loose there. You okay?" Marceline teases, and Bonninel punches Marceline's gut lightly, with Marceline shrugging it off even as she could picture Bonnibel's scowl.

"I promise." Marceline says softly, and carries the both of them out of the study, away from the incompleted dissectories, away from the broken relationship they had left behind.

"Keep it."

Bonnibel murmurs in a order-like tone as the two girls float down the hall and into Bonnibel's room, and Marceline shakes her head in reply.

"Yes, princess."

+

  thanks for reading! i love bubbline with all my soul man, as much as i love bumblebee, dare i say

joyfulweirdo.
23.1.2019.