Chapter 5

Eren's PoV

I fidgeted on my seat, darting my eyes anywhere just to avoid Ms. Ackerman's gaze. Instead of the petite raven, I had Mrs. Ackerman as my date.

"Please forgive my son. He was ill and needed to be treated immediately."

With that, looked up at her and she gave me reassuring smile. I tried to smile back, ignoring the chills that creeped on my spine.

Her excuse for Levi's absence confirmed my fears. They knew.

Though, I'm not sure if they knew that I was the one who asked Levi to steal the documents.

I didn't know how it happened. I didn't believe that Levi gave me an empty envelope, I knew he woudn't do that. We were a team and we both wanted to get out of this. Why would he pass Armin an empty envelope?! Maybe he got the wrong one? And probably that's how his parents knew?

"Levi is a sweet boy. Please take care of him."

My thoughts were cut short by Mrs. Ackerman's voice. I nodded, pretended that I was actually listening.

"He's a man with a few words but he is bright yet again, stubborn." Mrs. Ackerman took a sip of her tea before continuing. "Eren, what do you think of my son?"

"Well, I think Levi is a wonderful person. And he is beautiful," I replied, internally cringing at my lame words.

"That... He is." Mrs. Ackerman shook her head and sat straight. "You see there might be some changes."

"What?" Didn't she just asked that I should take good care of Levi and asked what I think of him? What the fuc-

"Levi will be under some treatment for a while. We are not sure when he will get well, don't worry his condition can be corrected. So, we talk to your parents and decided...." Mrs. Ackerman paused.

My held my breath as I waited for her to finish.

"We decided to let you marry Mikasa. My niece."

My mouth fell open. How could this people do this?! And what did they do to Levi?!

"I know you are fond of Levi but don't worry, those two looked alike so I think it won't be much of an adjustment," she humored and I almost gagged.

How could she-they?! I screamed internally. They just literally passed us out like dolls! This was really getting out of hand and I couldn't't take it!

Why couldn't this people just give up the hate and move on?! Why did they had to drag us, the new generation to their God damned problems?!

Not only that, how could Levi's parents did this to him?! I couldn't believe that Mrs. Ackerman... Ugh.

I stood up abruptly, startling Mrs. Ackerman during the process. "Excuse me, Mrs. Ackerman." I gave her one of my signature smiles. "But I must leave."

I turned towards the doors, not giving her a chance to say a single word. Without turning back, I entered my carriage and sort my thoughts. I tried to held out my anger issues for years but today, I think it's an exception.

I hated this.

I looked out of the window as the carriage started moving, hoping that the view would cool my head off.

The town was busy as usual. Kids were running on the sidewalk, stalls of products in full display and the train was waiting for passengers to filled.

I blinked several times when a sudden idea rushed to me as I watched as the last passenger stepped in the platform of the locomotive and the train gave its farewell tune.