prologue

"So what you're saying is if I see a portal in the middle of the city, it might not be something I should fly a nuke through? " Tony asks ignoring the long suffering sigh from his husband.

"I thought that you didn't need the simplified version of things. Aren't you a self proclaimed genius? " Strange raised an eyebrow, his cloak fluttering in a motion that makes him look arrogant.

"I understand things that make sense, -" Steve cut his husband off before he and Dr. Strange could start another Magic vs. Science squabble.

He's...... Not a big fan of those, Tony tends to more and more determined to prove Strange wrong, and that ends up in engineering binges for both his husband and son.

Personally speaking, Steve didn't particularly understand either, but he had to admit, Tony's science rants did make marginally more sense than whatever Dr. Strange spews. Then again.... Is magic even supposed to make sense?

"Thank you for the warning Dr. You're sure the people coming here from the past won't remember anything that happens here?" he asks, not even trying to be subtle about the subject change.

"Positive. I should be leaving now." Strange shook his hand. He made a portal and walked through. Steve wonders, not for the first time, if the man as trying too hard to be mysterious.

"One of these days, I'm going to figure out a reasonable scientific explanation for that." Tony grumbled. Steve smiled, a pouty Tony is an adorable Tony no matter what the man in question has to say about it.

"Alright, you do that. In the meantime let's let people know we might be getting visitors from the past."

"It'd be easier if he told us who the hell was coming, or when are they coming or where they're coming for that matter. " Tony sulks, and while Steve does agree, there wasn't much to be done about it.

"He said he didn't know. "Steve pointed out.

"He does! He's probably hiding it. I can tell"

"Really? " Steve raised a skeptical eyebrow.

"Yeah it's a goatee instinct " Tony pointed at his facial hair.

Steve bursted out laughing before shaking his head and calling Fury. This was going to be a looong chat, and an unpleasant one.

♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪

Fury was..... (Sigh) Furious when Steve called him and told him what Dr. Strange told them.

He pointed at Tony from the hologram,

"Stark, there better be a good explanation for this. " It was honestly a tribute to how much the man has seen to date , that his voice didn't even raise, ahh the good old days where Fury used to yell when aliens invaded.

Tony looks up from his tab,

"I'm working on it, so far, I've got nothing other than what Doctor abracadabra says, so whoever they are, are coming to the future at a random time and place, and they'll go back on their own and have no memories of this."

"Anything else?"

"Well, Strange said something about not having any marks to remind them of this situation, so I don't think telling them anything will change the future.

" I'm trying to figure out how a temporal shift in time, could make them jump in time. Unless..... It's not a shiFT ITS A HOLE! THEN THEY FELL THROUGH THE HOLE AND JUST RESURFACED HERE!!! THEN THEY WOULD JUST GO BACK TO WHERE THEY ARE BECAUSE TIME IS LINIER!! HAH! TAKE THAT YOU MAGIC MUNCHER!!"

Steve and Fury gave Tony a blank look. And while Steve thinks Tony's random bouts of science babble is cute, he suspects Fury does not.

"Do we have to put any effort to send them back or not Stark? " The spy decides to ask, with the tiredness of a man who needs a cup of coffee...... And some hard shots of Vodka

"Oh, we don't have to do anything" Tony waved him off.

"I'll put my agents on alert, if they find someone from renaissance they'll drop them off at your tower."

"Wait wha- hold on, why the tower? You have so many different helicarriers and safe houses by the dozens, why here?" Tony sputters,

Fury gave them a look,

"Strange didn't come to me with this bull, and I'm not taking responsibilities when something goes wrong." he cuts the call before either of them can say anything,.

"I like how he says 'when' something goes wrong and not if." Tony says staring at the vacant space where The hologram of S.H.I.E.L.D 's director was.

Steve shakes his head and shrugs, "well, you never really know with our luck"

"Let's go warn the others, they'll need to keep their eyes open. " they both sighed and called the rest of the family.

®®®®®®®®®®®®®®

Some back story to this,

May and Ben never met and Ben never took Peter in because he didn't think he could take care of a child. 

Tony adopted Peter when he was two and a half ish and the avengers moved in when he was four.

Peter and Wade are 16 and 17 in this.....  I think that about covers it.