Chapter 17

As we reached the pack house and everyone returned  to there guard spots. The sun began to rise, the sky filled with many colours. Chase was still unconscious but was confirmed fine by the doctor. We headed back to our room. I had a shower and got dressed into comfy clothes. As I was brushing my hair I heard a small grunt coming from the bedroom.
"Chase?" I said quietly.
"Koda-" he grunted. I ran out of the bathroom and jumped onto the bed. He embraced me in a hug and for the first time in a while, I felt safe. He put his head in the crook of my neck and breathed in my scent. I started crying tears of joy. We were finally together, and nothing in world would ever tear us apart again. He cupped my face in his hands and wiped the tears from my face. My face turned from a slight smile to confusion.
"What's wrong?" He asked.
"Something, in my stomach?" I questioned, I had never felt this way before. I gagged. Chase picked me up and raced me into the bathroom. Before I knew it chunky liquid projected out of my mouth into the toilet.
"What's happen-" I continued vomiting.
"Your just a bit sick, you'll be okay." He said calmly.
"Mermaids don't ge-" I vomited.
"Mermaids don't get sick." I said after finishing my hurling session.
"They don't...?" He said with concern. The door flung open.
"Dakota?!" Xavier yelled followed by all my siblings.
"What are you doing by the toilet?" Asked Zayd.
"She's vomiting." Said Chase.
"That's impossible." Said Aiden.
"Mermaids don't get sick." Said Ethan.
"What's going to happen to her?!" Said Gert.
"I'm not sure." Said Aiden. Chase looked at me, smiled, and wiped the hair out my face.
"Where's Mum and Dad?" I asked.
"They has to go..." Said Zyon.
"Where?!" I asked.
"Back to Holloway, something came up." Said Zayd.
"Something as in...?" I asked.
"They were in a rush, had no time to explain." Said Gert looking down. I looked away. I couldn't handle it. I knew the escape was to good to be true. Alex came and rescued me without being noticed. We got chase out without being noticed. When the pack finally did notice we had got away with no injuries. When we arrived home chase was fine, I was fine. There was no way that was the case.
"They injected her with some kind of liquid." Chase said.
"What liquid?!" Said Aiden.
"What color was it?!" Asked Ethan.
"I'm not sure but I think it was a pale blue." Said Chase.
"That's rare, I've never heard of anything like it." Said Aiden. I avoided eye contact and started to feel worried. Chase held my hand in his, noticing how I felt.
"But your back now and your safe here." Added Zayd. I faked a smile at him, I knew whatever was wrong with me, was bigger then we thought.

*sorry it's so short again, I'm on school holidays and don't have anytime to write so I'm writing a few sentences throughout the day, hope you still enjoyed it! :)*